eight

johnny

i woke up, expecting ten to be curled up next to me. i was ready to kiss him again, and wipe off his dried tears. i was fully prepared to take care of him, but he wasn't there. i thought back to his soft, sleepy voice as i tried to get him into a sweatshirt. but that quickly turned into a fully awake and ready for action ten. we didn't go the full ten yards, but i kissed him and that made me really happy. he was the only person i actually wanted to keep around. other people are a one night thing for me, and i wanted to wake up next to ten every morning.

i stretched my arms across the bed, and it was the first time i hated waking up to an empty bed. my hand brushed against a cold surface, and i brought all my focus to it. it was ten's phone, he had a bunch of missed phone calls from an unknown number and i could only assume it was his father. words couldn't express how much i hated that poor excuse for a man. who in their right mind would ever hurt someone as precious and perfect and ten?

i had put down the phone, lying back down. i was having a mental venting session with myself. i was so used to being alone, that just thinking about all sorts of shitty things was just a habit. maybe that's why i didn't like people, they constantly made everything horrible. except ten, he had me feel better.

"johnny, are you okay?"

i heard ten's giggles, as he watched me from the doorway. i probably looked like an idiot, oh well. i closed my eyes, reaching out my arms. i didn't feel ten's presence, so i wiggled my fingers a little bit. that's when ten literally jumped onto me, he looks really light but damn i couldn't breathe.

after regaining my breath, i buried my face into ten's neck. he smelled like flowers, the good kind from those florist shops. i wanted to get ten flowers, the really pretty ones that just instantly made you smile. the ones that you bought for valentines day, or for your significant others birthday.

"i made breakfast. let me go and we can eat!"

"you don't have to tell me twice."

without letting ten go, i got up from the bed. ten clinged onto me like a koala and i carried him downstairs. it was like we were filming a movie, these relationships weren't real...they didn't last, right?

ten jumped from my arms, showcasing the array of food. he had made waffles, i didn't even know i had a waffle maker. he took the time to place chocolate chips in each little square in the waffles. he even made the whipped cream into a cute little smiley face. and the best part was the tall glass of orange juice next to my plate.

"oh my god, can we get married?"

"depends, can we get a plaque that says 'ten's kitchen' for the doorway?"

"anything you want."

"we aren't getting married, johnny. we're like six years old!"

"six year olds don't make out like we do."

one day well get married, and you'll be all mine. i winked at the flustered boy and sat down across from him. i didn't hesitate to start eating, it looked like something out of a magazine. i occasionally glanced at ten, who was too busy eating all the chocolate before even touching the waffle. he was picky, but i guess that didn't matter because he picked me huh? i knew i was hot, but i kept thinking about how i scored ten.

ten

both me and johnny finished our breakfasts, and i took the plates to the sink. i didn't think twice before starting to wash all the dishes piled in the sink. i looked at johnny, who was chugging his glass of orange juice just so he could pour another glass. i've never met someone so in love with a drink, it was cute.

i starting quietly singing to 'yellow' by coldplay, the song that had been playing when we had pulled into the driveway of johnny's house. his bad habit of not turning off his speakers is affecting me too, i constantly have his playlist in my head. although, it was good music.

"i love that song."

i felt johnny standing behind me, his hands in the pocket of the sweatshirt.

"you look good in my clothes, i should let you borrow my hoodies more often."

he pulled me closer to him, his hands resting on my stomach. i tried to pull away just a bit, but he didn't let me budge. he spun me around to face him, and i looked straight into his eyes. let's see who's really boss. johnny's face inched closer and closer to mine, as he reached behind me turning off the running water.

"sorry 'bout that."

"stop winking!"

"does it make you nervous?"

"no."

i pushed him off of me, walking the the island of the kitchen. i lifted myself onto it, and johnny quickly made his way back to me. he stood tall, but i was taller. wow, i never thought i'd say that. anyway...me and johnny were in some sort of staring contest. no words were said, it was just us staring into each others eyes. i was trying not to laugh as the weird expressions johnny was making.

he started to lean in, and i could feel my face heating up. his face was no more than an inch away, and now it was time to deescalate the situation before i were to explode. i slid from the counter, landing to johnny's side.

"wow! you're kitchen is so big, very nice. i love it."

why did i decide that would be the best way to change the situation? i have no clue. and it surely didn't work. johnny smirked, pulling me into his arms. it was a harmless hug, and everything was great. that was until he bent down to my ear.

"that's not the only thing that's big."

"johnny!"