nine

johnny

i liked ten, there was no denying it. but i wasn't going to tell him. he probably viewed me as a friend still, after all one of the first things he said to me was something about friends with benefits. and if that's all he wanted, then i'd play into his games. what was wrong with me? i don't do feelings.

"ten, i'm going to school now! you don't have to come if you don't want to. i'll be home soon anyway."

after breakfast, ten had went back to bed. i don't blame him, the only reason i was even going to school was because of my parents. i didn't really want to deal with them right now.

"wait, wait! i'm coming, don't leave."

i smirked, watching ten run down the stairs. his backpack was opened and he ran through the front door. he was really cute.

"that won't be the last time you say that."

"shut up johnny! we're going to be late."

i listened, and made my way to my car. ten was already in the passenger seat, trying to organize all his belongings. i climbed into the jeep, leaning over to ten and kissing his cheek. he turned a bright pink color, and ignored my gesture.

"you're wearing my sweatshirt still."

"oh shit, i'm sorry. i can take it off-"

"no no, it's cute."

i reversed the jeep into the road, and drove off to hell. within seconds, ten's window was rolled down and his hair was blowing around in the wind. he really did look like a model. i slyly pulled out my phone with my right hand, keeping my left hand on the steering wheel. I snapped a few pictures, and went back to focusing on the road.

i turned on the radio, singing along to the cheesy songs that played. ten's sweet voice joined mine, and he danced a little in his seat. i rested one of my hands on my lap, ten quickly took notice and slid his hand into mine.

"johnny, i'm confused."

i turned the radio down, pulling into the school's parking lot. i parked at the far end, isolating my car from the rest.

"why? what happened?"

"you happened. one day i'm the new kid, and the next i'm living at your house."

he pulled his hand from mine, looking out his window.

"people don't just connect like we did. you said it yourself, you'll never be in love. so what are we doing? i'm not just going to be your make out buddy."

"ten, i don't understand. did i do something wrong? i thought we were having fun."

"that's the problem. you have fun with people, you bring people home and never see them again. i'm not going to be your next toy. unlike you, i actually fall for people. i believe in relationships."

"i never said you were just some toy to me, you're a lot more than that."

"forget i said anything, i'm sorry."

"ten, stop. you're not any other person i've been with. you're ten, you're perfect. all i want to do is stay in bed and hold you all day. jeez, when will you understand that!"

i was aware of my voice raising, and words can't express how much i regretted it. ten just stared at me. his eyes were glossed over and he looked hurt, as if i had just hit him. i went to reach for his hand, but he shrunk into the passenger seat.

"what was i thinking? johnny you're not capable of love, you're just like every other shitty guy out there. and to think you were different, to think you were the one. no, never, you just had me fooled."

"stop! just stop! i'm not like that, ten. why the hell would i move you into my house? to protect you! why would i waste my time comforting you if i didn't care? do you understand how stupid you sound right now?"

"how do i know you weren't just playing
mr. nice guy to get me to hook up with you?"

"because i like you, ten."

i was hurt, i was hurt because i wanted ten to trust me. i wanted him to rely on me, and let me be there when he needed it. but i smiled through the pain, because ten just did that to me. he made me smile when i was hurting. he wasn't just some one night stand. he was my angel.

"i have to go to class."

ten

i rushed down the hallway, i needed to just get to class and forget anything had happened with johnny this morning...or ever. i knew i was overreacting but i wasn't going to be another game for johnny to play. i wanted love, something i had never felt.

"oh my, i'm so sorry! let me help-"

"it's okay, it was my fault."

"wait, you're the boy johnny's best friends with!"

"my name is ten."

"i'm sorn!"

i noticed sorn before, her and her friends sit on the steps of the school while everyone enters. she's very popular, and very sweet. i gave her a smile and continued on my way. i didn't want to deal with johnny's world right now. i turned around, glancing at sorn. her eyes became wide and she pouted.

"did i do something wrong?"

"i just don't like only being known for johnny. i'm my own person."

"i'm sorry, i just like him a lot. my mind just kinda thought of johnny..."

i liked him too. i suggest you find a new love interest. nonetheless i chuckled, and said my goodbyes.

what had happened? just this morning i had woke up in johnny's arms, and now i was scared to run into him. i was scared of him, i was scared to let him love me. i thought it's be fake, i thought i was being used. after all that's all i ever was to people, someone to use.