Chapter Five: Trash

Dear Diary,

I don't even know how long it's been since I've started fifth grade. It's fun, I guess. My Art teacher is really nice. Everything is going great.

Except for one thing.

I think it's safe to confirm I've been getting bullied because of Bratayley. That girl Ferni and her friend Lainey constantly make fun of me because they think I'm too old for vlogging, which makes no sense to me. There are lots of adult vloggers on YouTube.

Whatever,

Hay Hay.

I've actually seen a picture of Annie in Lainey's locker. I mean, seriously. I don't think Lainey even knows that Annie died. She probably wasn't a fan of her, because I also saw a picture of Mackenzie Ziegler in her locker and I sent Aaliyah on a mission. Aaliyah asked her, "Do you like Mackenzie Ziegler?" And Lainey's response was "No, I don't even know who that is." I mean, who puts pictures of people they don't even know in their locker?? Mine has a picture of me, Annie, and Caleb in 2015.

I'm kinda embarrassed that I'm getting bullied, that's why I don't tell anyone. Not even Aaliyah. I think the only people I'd tell would be Annie or Caleb, but, well, you know.

Aaliyah is my only new friend I've made, there's really no one else. I mean, Aaliyah sits with her cousin Leia at lunch, so I sit with that girl Caila I met on the first day of school. I guess she's kinda my friend, but she sits with all her other friends from Hebrew school (she's Jewish). A few of them are..

Lilly: shy, quiet, but really nice

Cassie: smiles a lot, loves basketball, super nice!

Moriah: really pretty, kind of arrogant, Danielle Cohn's cousin

Maya: loves candy, related to the Shaytards, has arachnophobia

Jessi: crazy, weird (in a good way), loves Bratayley but isn't a crazy fan

Carlie: loves horses and drawing them, Brynn Rumfallo's second cousin.

So yeah. I wish I could sit with Aaliyah at lunch, but her cousin is getting bullied as well and they need to talk. Maybe I should tell Aaliyah.

I'm currently in math class with Coco and I can't find my notebook. "Coco, have you see it?" I ask her. "Mmm, nope," she replies.

"It's yellow and says 'Hayley Noelle LeBlanc' on the front," I tell her. She suddenly looks worried.

"What? What's wrong?"

"Umm, is your notebook the one in the—." She doesn't have to finsh her sentence.

I want to cry. I slowly walk over to the trash can where my book is and take it out. I open it and find this note:

This book was in the trash for a reason. I put "Hayley Noelle LeBlanc" where she belonged!

Haha!

Ferni & Lainey

I just want to see Annie and Caleb again.