Chapter Seven: Camera Quarrels

Two months of school and guess what? Piper hates me now too. Let me start from the beginning. A few months ago Piper told me that her mom was pregnant but that only her close friends knew. She told me to keep it a secret because the Rockelles are going to make a video and they would reveal it then. I promised not to tell a single soul.

But yesterday, while Piper and I were walking home from school, Ferni went up to us and said, "Hey Piper. How's your mom doing?" And now Piper hates me. But I swear I haven't said anything! And if I were to tell someone, it would certainly not be Ferni. Piper even deleted me from the group chat, and no one is talking to me except for Aaliyah and Leia. We've also made a new friend, Symphony.

So yeah. It's Saturday, so no school! I grabbed the camera and started vlogging.

"Good morning guys, so we're just getting ready to go to, what's it called, umm.. Sky Zone! So yeah! I'm going with Aaliyah, Leia, and my other friend Symphony! so we're gonna pick them up now!" I turned off the camera. We made plans for this at lunch yesterday.

"Did you guys study for our history test?" Leia asked us as soon as we sat down.

I smacked my hand to my forehead. "Oh crud, I forgot!" Leia raised her eyebrows and smiled a bit. "Well, ya should have studied!" She said.

"Yeah," I grumbled.

Leia took a bite of her apple while I opened my lunch box and took out a container filled with pretzels. I put a few in my mouth.

"Hi, could I sit here?" A girl with brown hair approached to our table.

"Sure!" Replied Aaliyah.

"My name is Symphony Emmilyn Harper."

"Hi, I'm Aaliyah Canon McBroom. This is Hayley Noelle LeBlanc—." I smiled and waved.

"And this is my cousin, Leia Cassidy McBroom." I wasn't sure why she was giving full names. Maybe because Symphony did it first.

Before I knew it, lunch was over and the four of us went different ways. I took out my phone.

ME: Wait!! Did u guys want to go to sky zones w/ me 2moro? If ur free??

leia🌸: sure!

AALI BEAR 🐻: okay!

🎵 SYMPHONY 🎶: I can go!!

ME: Great! Can't wait 😊

I passed Leia in the hallway and we exchanged smiles. I knew it was gonna be a good day tomorrow.

We went to pick up Aaliyah first. When I pressed the doorbell, I heard what sounded like running down the stairs. I figured Aaliyah was super excited. But it was her older sister, Amayla, who answered the door.

"Hayley! Thank goodness you're here! I need to show you something, and it's important."

She led me to the basement, where a laptop was on and running. She typed in something, and pointed the screen to me. Amayla is in charge of the school's security cameras, and sure enough, there I was on the screen, talking to Piper. This was yesterday, about an hour before our fight.

The camera shows Piper and I talking in the same room. Then, from the other camera, I see Ferni and Lainey walking in the same direction as us.

"I'm so excited for the baby!" I exclaim in the camera.

"Me too, he or she's due around April 20th," replies Piper.

Then I see Ferni and Lainey snicker into the camera, but I didn't see it while it was happening! So that's how they knew!

"Thanks so much, Amayla," I tell her.

"Of course," she replies.

I walk upstairs, relieved to be able to make up with Piper. It's great how Amayla knew about our fight just by looking at the cameras!