Chapter Nine: Bored-Tayley

I was playing a game on my phone when I heard this from downstairs.

"Billy, the footage of the balloon popping is lost!"

I go downstairs a few minutes later and apparently Mom can't find the footage of Piper's mom popping the balloon and finding out it's a boy.

They sigh. "Hayley, will you take the camera and explain? Well put it in with the vlog."

"Okay." I take the camera to my room and turn it on.

"Hey guys, so before we start today's vlog, just wanted to let you know that the balloon cutting footage is lost, so we won't be posting it. So, yeah! Enjoy!!"

I'm really tired for some reason so I take a nap while Mom edits the vlog.

~~~

"Hey mom, can I upload the vlog now?" I ask her. I just woke up from my nap and it's almost 4:00

"Sure!" She replies.

I go to YouTube and upload the vlog. It's called Truth Or Dare Prank At Gender Reveal Party Gone Wrong! (WK ###). Txunamy and I are on the thumbnail.

(The hashtags are there since this takes place in the future, that's what week they're on.)

I refresh the page and there are about 10k views already. I go downstairs and take out an apple. Then I sit on the couch and watch an episode of Fuller House.

After that's done I go and check the comments on YouTube, even though I'm not supposed to do that anymore.

User185: staged pranks for YouTube were so 2017 🙄

((The year is 2019, almost 2020))

I frown. This wasn't even planned beforehand!

User286: Annie could've done it better, but then again, she wouldn't want to play Truth or dare with a bunch of 9 year olds

User927: I think they're gonna quit YouTube soon. Hayley's been looking sad in a lot of vlogs and I think even THEY know it's getting boring now.

User2692: this was the most exciting vlog since Annie died. Most of the times it's just hayley being dropped off to school, and Hayley being picked up. I don't think the LeBlancs want to film their life anymore.

User56: @User2692 I agree I love Bratayley but even I have to admit it's getting boring.

User277: okay, is no one going to talk about why they didn't show the balloon popping?!?!

User9: @User277 ikr

What?!?! A few hours ago, I explained why we didn't show it!! I immediately run to Mom and show her the comments.

"Hayley, I told you not to read the—oh my gosh!! We should watch the vlog, I don't think they're kidding!"

We watch it and sure enough, the part where I explain what's happening in the beginning isn't there.

"But I could've sworn I put that part in!!" Says Mom.

I shrug.

"Okay, well I'll just write a comment."

Here's what it says:

Bratayley: Hayley filmed herself saying why we didn't show the balloon popping, but the footage got lost somehow. The reason why we didn't film it is because we lost that footage also. Sorry :(

Some replies come through:

User: "We lost the footage" yeah right. I wasn't believing in those rumors that u guys didn't want to vlog anymore but I guess they are true!

User: I don't believe u but okay!

User: 🙄

I start to tear up. Why are our FANS saying these things about us???? Of course we wanna keep vlogging!!

"Oh Hay, it's going to be okay." She pulls me into a hug. "There's tons of fans still out there that love us and KNOW us. They'll never want us to stop vlogging."

I nod and feel a lot better.

A few hours later I take the camera and start to vlog.

"Hey guys, so, it's like 7 so I think I'm gonna start binging Netflix! Ha, yeah okay so see ya!"

The next morning, we vlog some more. Bratayley has definitely changed my life forever. I should think about this some more.