Chapter Six: Piper's Big News

Dear Diary,

You know how much I hate school. Schoolwork, homework, tests. But all of that is a story not worth telling.

Anyways, I bought school lunch for the first time ever yesterday. It was pizza. It was actually really good! I always though school food had to be terrible. Huh.

After lunch at Panera Piper called me and told me some big news. I wouldn't believe it if I wasn't writing in you right now.

Adios,

Hayley Noelle

It's been a month of school now and Caila hates me. Well, I don't know about that, but she definitely doesn't like me anymore. All I did was steal a half of one of her cookies! She had 4 giant ones! And now Caila, Lilly, Cassie, Moriah, Maya, Jessi, and Carlie don't speak to me. Well, Cassie's the only one who does. Her, me, Aaliyah, and Leia sit together at lunch, and they've become my closest friends.

Ferni and Lainey? Quite the opposite.

Hey, Hayley Trashelle LeBlanc!

Bratayley should be deleted, no one I know watches it.

I bet Annie and Caleb are happy they're in heaven without you.

So I guess Lainey did know about my siblings. Or maybe it was Ferni. Well, either way, they've been leaving these notes in my locker. I've read the book Wonder, and I never would've guessed that the bullying could happen to me. I was wrong.

I just got a text! It's from my group chat. I introduced Aaliyah, Cassie, and Leia to Piper, Sophie, Txunamy, and Coco, and we're all friends now:

Cocoa ☕️🍫: lunch @ 2?

fergi: sure where

pipsqueak🐹: hi guys I'm at coco's house we were thinking Panera??

fergi: ok

ME: I can come!!

🌹TXU🖤: same❤️

AALI BEAR🐻: yep same w me

ME: Yay!!

👸🏻princess leia🌺: I'm coming!

Cocoa☕️🍫: ok great 👍🏼

CASSIE WAS HERE: sorry I'm late I can't come sorry. Bro has bball tourn🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀😫😫😩🥺😟😟😩😕🥺😕🥺🥺😩😟😟🥺

ME: Wow u love emojis

CASSIE WAS HERE: yup i ❤️ them 🙃🤓😌😉😛🙃😜🙃😎😉🤨🙂😛🙂😝🙃😝🤓🧐🧐🙂😎🙃🤓😉🤨🧐🤣😂🧐🙂😝🙃🤓🙃

fergi: lol

After a great lunch of Panera, I head home.

I'm about halfway into my homework when I get a call from Piper. I accept.

"Hey, what's up?" I ask.

"OMG, guess what?" She's super excited.

"What?" I squeal.

"My mom is having a baby!!"