6 | Elizabeth

"So, what are his friends like?"

Amy and I were walking through the endless long hallways of the university after just finishing our project class and were on our way downstairs to the entrance of the school.

"Why?" I questioned the blonde girl, who chuckled. "Oh, I don't know, you haven't even introduced me to your roommate yet; he could still be a murderer for all I know," she said. I shook my head. "Well, first of all, Calum is not a murderer. I think the dude couldn't even harm a fly. Second, you just want to know if his friends are hot and single," I said, looking at her to see that I was indeed right.

"Okay, okay. Are his friends hot? Describe 'em," Amy said, and I rolled my eyes but did it anyway. "He has this best friend named Michael, who dyes his hair every week into some weird color, he has green hair now, with a pierced eyebrow. Then there's Ashton, who, I have to say, is kinda cute. This dude named Mitchy came over too a few days ago, he's heavily tattooed but he's hot if you like tattoos, and they always talk about this mysterious guy named Luke. I have no clue who he is, but he and Calum practice boxing a lot. Every time Ashton or Michael talks about Luke, they switch to sign language too. It's fucking annoying," I explained to Amy.

We took a turn to the right and started making our way down the stairs. "What do you mean?" Amy asked. "They all have sign names, and Luke's sign name is a giraffe, so it's easy for me to see that one. Every time Calum uses the sign for giraffe, Ashton or Michael suddenly start to sign back at Calum, like it's their form of whispering because I don't know sign language," I explained a little clearer now.

"If he ends up killing you with an axe, don't come knocking at my door. I warned you," Amy said. I looked up at her and saw her sticking her tongue out at me. I gave her a small push on her shoulder once we reached the ground floor. "Thanks for the support. Can you drive me home?" I asked her, and she nodded.

"Yeah, of course. Did you go looking for cars yet?" she asked, and I let out a deep sigh. "Yes, but I'm broke," I said, making our way to the campus parking lot. "Maybe Calum is a drug dealer instead of a murderer, you should definitely ask him for money," Amy said with a smirk on her face while rummaging through her bag to find the car keys. "Oh, shut up. The dude is innocent," I said before Amy finally managed to unlock her car, and I got in.

"A tall Australian with tattoos who's innocent? Mhh," Amy said with a playful, suspicious voice. I chuckled. "You are the worst, take me home, please," I said before Amy turned the ignition on and drove away from the campus.

The drive from the university to my apartment was about fifteen minutes, but I didn't mind. Amy and I usually put on one of our playlists on Spotify and sang along with them. I was happy that I didn't live on campus or anywhere near it.

"Can I come in?" Amy asked as she parked in front of the apartment complex. "Yeah, sure. Calum usually trains until late on Friday though." I said and she chuckled. "Damn it."

We made our way upstairs to my apartment and I opened the door.  As we entered, I promptly removed my shoes and hung my jacket on the coat rack. "Hello?!" Amy cheerfully called out. I couldn't help but snicker. "Even if he were home, he couldn't really answer that, could he?" I remarked, rolling my eyes as I headed to the kitchen to fetch some drinks for Amy and myself.

Amy chuckled. "True, but it's nice to be polite, right?" I grabbed two bottles of water from the fridge and handed one to Amy before we both sat down on the couch in the living room. "True, but Calum's quite easygoing. He wouldn't mind," I said, opening my bottle and taking a sip.

Duke, who had joined us, received a gentle scratch behind his ears as I sat down. I knew I would probably need to walk him after Amy left – it was a shared responsibility that Calum and I had agreed on, and I'd grown quite fond of the little furry companion.