11 | Elizabeth

"What's going on?" Amy inquired as we exited our last class of the day. "I've been keeping an eye on him," I casually remarked to the blonde girl, who was still zipping up her backpack as we strolled together before she swung it over her shoulder.

"Okay, that's creepy, explain."

"Like I said, I've been observing him.He's acting incredibly strange when it comes to boxing, and all his friends are doing the same. One moment he's like my best friend, sharing everything, and the next, he just shuts me out when I ask about his sport. It's odd. Plus, no one wants to spill the beans on the meaning of my sign name. It's seriously frustrating!" I vented as we descended the stairs in our university's grand hallway.

Amy chuckled. "Maybe it's because you two are roommates? You're not married to the guy; he's allowed to have secrets, you know?" Amy said, and I let out a deep sigh. "I know, but I just thought... I thought Calum and I had this connection, like -" My sentence got cut off by Amy. "Oooh, you've got a crush on him, I knew it!" she said, clapping her hands and wearing a big smile.

I crossed my arms in front of my chest and shook my head. "No - dude, I'm trying to tell you that he has weird secrets!" 

"Sure Jan," she said, continuing her walk. 

Amy was totally convinced I was having a big crush on Calum. Apparently, she saw me and him dancing in the club when we were out two weeks ago, and now she wouldn't shut up about it.

I just wanted to know why everyone was so secretive about his boxing. Calum always told me everything and we had become very close, but the one thing he refused to tell me about was the damn boxing thing.

"So, what's your plan?" Amy asked. I chuckled, knowing she was up for some detective work. "So, remember Luke? The tall blond guy we met at the club?" I asked her, glancing to the side to gauge her reaction, and she gave a small nod.

"He's a boxer too, I want to see if he's gonna tell me things, so I'm adding him on Facebook and I'm gonna ask if he wants to get something to drink," I told her. "Ah, so you're asking his best mate on a date to get answers, good one, Liz," Amy said sarcastically, and I rolled my eyes. "Not a date, just as friends," I told her.

"Also, he's not your friend - you guys met once!" 

"Well, I'm gonna give it a shot. Maybe he'll spill the beans on the mysterious world of Calum and his friends," I said.

"Good luck with that. He's probably not gonna appreciate you going behind his back," Amy remarked, her tone skeptical. I simply shrugged. "I just have this thing about secrets and lies, you know? It doesn't sit well with me," I explained. Amy offered a bit of wisdom, saying, "People tend to lie when they're scared of losing something." I responded with a playful nudge of my elbow. "Thanks, oh wise philosopher," I quipped, making her laugh.

Amy chuckled. "Just stating the facts, my dear Watson. But hey, who am I to stop you? If you feel like Sherlock Holmes today, go for it!" She patted me on the back, and I couldn't help but smile at her enthusiasm. "I will, and I'm bringing my trusty sidekick, Watson, with me," I said, making her laugh even more.

"What are you up to tonight?" Amy asked, curiosity lacing her words. A small smile played on my lips. "It's movie night with Cal," I replied. It was an event I looked forward to every week, a cherished moment shared between us.

"Right, movie night. Isn't that usually on another day?" Amy inquired, curiosity lacing her words. I nodded and explained, "Yeah, but Calum asked if we could do it today instead."

She raised an eyebrow and asked, "How's learning ASL?" I shrugged. "Oh, you know. We're slowly getting there. Calum is teaching me the basics, but I didn't tell him that I also watch those ASL videos on YouTube, just so I can spy on his conversations with Michael and Ashton," I admitted with a mischievous grin.