10 | Elizabeth

I woke up the next morning with a pounding headache, but thankfully in my own bed. After opening my eyes and immediately closing them because the sunlight was way too much for my dehydrated brain, I rolled over to the other side of the bed.

Last night was a blur and I could remember most parts of the night, but I couldn't remember getting home.

The other side of the bed was unslept, so Amy didn't stay the night. I assumed Calum or whoever brought us home drove her to her own place after we left the club.

I let out a small groan before slowly sitting up, making sure I didn't feel the need to throw up last night's dinner before I got out of bed.

So far so good. The first thing I noticed was that I was still wearing my dress from last night. One of my heels was standing next to the bed while the other was nowhere to be seen. I reached for the zipper on the back and pulled it down, slowly letting the black dress fall down my body. Then, I grabbed a pair of sweats and an oversized sweater.

It was then when I noticed a glass of water and two ibuprofen laying on my nightstand. There was also a small note under the glass. I grabbed it and unfolded it.

If you throw up, you'll clean it yourself. Drink this up when you wake up from your coma and thank me later.

I let out a small chuckle. This was definitely Calum's handwriting. I quickly swallowed the ibuprofen and downed the entire glass of water after, making a quick note in my hand to remind myself never to drink alcohol again and thank Calum for his thoughtfulness whenever I saw him.

After a few minutes, I started making my way to the living room. For a second I thought I was home alone, that Calum was already off to train or something, but then I noticed the tan Australian boy sitting at the kitchen table, casually scrolling through his phone while sipping his coffee. "Morning," I said, walking up to him.

Calum nodded in response, still not saying a word. I took a seat across from him and sipped my coffee, feeling the caffeine slowly working its magic on my pounding headache. The silence between us was slightly awkward, but I wasn't sure how to break it. Calum seemed lost in his thoughts as he continued to scroll through his phone.

After a few more sips of coffee, I decided to give it another try. "Did you have a good night?" I asked, trying to spark a conversation. Calum looked up from his phone, his dark eyes meeting mine for a moment before he simply nodded.

 "Okay, this silence is killing me," I said.

Calum arched an eyebrow as he looked up at me. It took me a moment to realize what I had said. "Oh, you know what I mean, Calum," I replied, rolling my eyes. My anxiety and curiosity got the best of me, and I continued, "Are you mad at me? Did I do something wrong last night? Like, did I puke in your car? Or maybe I cried? I know that when I'm drunk, I can get really emotional, and I might have been annoying. Oh god, please tell me I didn't get into a drunken fight with Amy." I rambled on anxiously. Calum swiftly raised his hand, signaling for me to stop.

He started typing something on his phone, turning it around so that I could read it.

You were just very drunk, you didn't do anything wrong.

"Oh, thank god. So you're not mad at me?" I asked, needing the reassurance. Calum shook his head. "So... you're just grumpy?" I teased, flashing a small smirk. Calum's expression shifted, and he regarded me with furrowed eyebrows before raising his middle finger. "Noted," I replied with an even wider smirk.

Calum slowly relaxed again. "Did you have fun last night?" I asked him. He typed something again before handing me his phone.

I did. It was fun. I'm glad you and Amy went along. You're a great dancer.

I couldn't help but blush when I read the last few words. "Thank you," I said, scratching the back of my head.

"Luke seems nice, by the way. He's tall," I remarked. Calum's expression shifted once more, returning to its grumpy state. "His girlfriend was nice too, I didn't catch her name though," I continued as I took a sip of my coffee and added some sugar, stirring it.

Calum frowned, turning his phone again.

Girlfriend?

"Yeah, the petite one? Long, dark hair? She was talking to Ashton for most of the night," I described her before Calum knew who I was talking about.

you mean Sierra? they're not dating. 

"Oh, I just figured... because she was with him a lot," I said. Calum relaxed again, casually drinking his coffee. "Luke seemed mysterious though. He didn't want to tell much about you guys boxing and stuff," I said

Calum shrugged. "Just like you," I said and Calum rolled his eyes. "Okay, okay. I get it, different subject. Did you see any cute girls yesterday?" I asked him. He smiled softly at me, a spark in his beautiful, brown eyes. He nodded.

I clapped my hands in excitement. "Really? Did you kiss her? Did you get her number? I always wondered how you do that – since you can't talk. Do you just randomly walk up to her and like, push your phone in their hands? Do you kiss 'em out of the blue? Like how does that work?" I started rambling. "What did she look like? I saw you talking to a blonde girl, I mean – she was talking, but you get what I mean, right? Tell me!" I said.

Calum started typing, turning it around so I could read it before typing the rest.

You're rambling.

I blushed. "Sorry, I know. I do that. I ramble." I said.

But we didn't kiss and I didn't get her number last night, we danced through. But that's it.

"Damn it, Hood," I said, but somewhere deep down I was happy that he didn't bring someone home last night

"So, I'm making the hangover breakfast. Do you want some eggs and greasy bacon?" I said with a chuckle.