First Thoughts (*)

This story takes place a few years after defeating Ganon, the champions came back to life. (I wish it happened in the game )

Link's POV

        Pissed?  Yes.

        Bored?  Yea...

        Annoyed?  Hell yes.

        Link was annoyed, but even then, the word was an understatement. Not only was Zelda dragging him all across Hyrule for the entire day, but she also thought it was a good idea to invite the other champions to an 'important meeting to discuss the divine beasts' or however she liked to call it. 

        But honestly, it was really just an excuse to meet with Mipha and Urbosa. With the amount of time they spent together, he was surprised Mipha was the one who had a crush on him

        Usually, he wouldn't mind it, but today he was tired and all he wanted was to jump into his bed and sleep because let's face it- sleeping is the only time Link ever gets alone now. Link was now currently waiting with Zelda for the arrival of the other champions in the front of the castle as they all had meetings and duties as leaders and some new ambassadors to their people.

         Zelda had adjusted her dress more times than he could count and fidgeted with the necklace she received from Mipha as well. Link, however, was standing with perfect posture, as he had learned once the hard way that slouching on duty was something he should never do. And at this point, Link was so sick of this position- so sick of being the only person that even seemed to take their job seriously in the Royal Court of Hyrule -he even considered going back to sleep for the next 100 years.

        "HEY THERE PRINCESS, LITTLE GUY! HOW ARE YOU DOING?" Link turned his head to see Daruk walking up the castle stairs, waving with his usual grin. A small smile made its way to his face and he was about to respond with a small wave and a quiet 'hello', but Zelda interrupted him, now almost standing in front of him. He turned his head once more to look away from the scene, the disappointment and sadness resting once more on his heart. A frown tugged at his lips for a split moment before the expressionless mask he wore was once again hiding any emotions he had. In the distance he could see Urbosa on her horse and Revali flying towards them, it had seemed they were talking about something that made Revali shake his head and stutter in the air- causing him to fall a few feet before catching the updrafts again. 

        "Daruk, it's so good to see you after such a long time, how is it with Vah Rudania? Were there any more problems?" She bombarded him with questions about his divine beast, leaning forward and clasping her hands together- something she did when she was excited about something. Daruk proceeded to laugh and answer her questions, forgetting Link existed. Zelda, for as kind as people knew her- loved to talk- and never gave Link an opportunity to at least say 'hello', no wonder everyone thought he was mute.

        It also didn't help he wasn't comfortable speaking in front of quite a few of the group.

       When he came here to train with his father so many years ago at this point; he would speak, laugh, showed so much emotion. But when he had fought in a tournament and 'won' the lucky position of being Zelda's personal knight, he suddenly didn't have the time to speak to anybody else than Zelda or the other champions. Forget speaking, when was the last time he was able to feel something other than anger or sadness?

        Now that he thought about it, Zelda never really talked to him, sometimes she would tell him to do something but otherwise ignored him. He would sometimes speak to Mipha or on rare occasions to Daruk, but it was Urbosa he always felt the most comfortable with speaking to and she had already figured out parts of his past he would rather keep past.