Gerudo town Pt 3

Revali's pov

Revali flew above Urbosa, the only thing keeping him calm was the warm breeze that ruffled his feathers. The look of defeat that was written on Link's face was too much for him, too much for him to deal with and too hard to think about. All he could think about was the chilling words the Hylian spoke the previous night, the memory was so raw, that he thought it just happened.

"Revali." Urbosa spoke gently, he looked down at her. He noticed she wore a more upset look plastered on her usual serious glare.

"What?" He snapped, not really meaning the bitterness in his tone towards her. The tone was more towards himself.

"Link," She started, letting a small sigh escape her lips. "Link has been the hero of Hyrule long before the rito or even zora were around. That was around the last time I suppose we had Gerudo men." She spoke with a frown, he was gliding near the ground to hear her.

"Last gerudo man?" Revali asked, she nodded, looking around for any threats.

"Apparently, from what Link has told me, Gannon was one of the last Gerudo men born. Usually the trait of gerudo males is passed from a male of our kind. A Moblin had killed his family, leaving him to lead the gerudo men and women to their death in a war against monsters and all of Hyrle."

"The reason I tell you this is because I want you see why he rejected you from his side." Urbosa said, looking at the desert in front of them. "He's afraid."

"So he only rejected me because of his fear?"

"No, you were a jerk before." She stated nonchalant, looking at him with a slight glare. "But, he has been alive longer than the kingdom of Hyrule itself. He's afraid that once he falls in love, he will die and wake up in a new form with your memory. That if you were to have children, he would meet your children's children, a complete stranger to them." Urbosa looked at him then left her horse in the stable, walking into the desert sand.

"So he does want to court me?"

"Yes, but not only did you have unhealthy methods of suppressing your feelings for him, but you still continue to tease him."

"But-"

"However he thinks it to be normal, that if you were to be kind for extended periods he would find it strange and would hate it."

Revali stared at her in shock, not able to believe what she was saying.

"Do you think..." He started, she looked up at him then jumped on a sand seal and started to ride.

"Do you think I could ask him once more?" Revali finished, she held the rope with one hand then looked back at him.

"I think he would like it, I know you talked to him once, well we aren't counting the first time you two talked." She glared at him. "But state your intentions clear, tell him you won't peruse him if he were to reject you."

"Why would I say that?"

"Because after asking twice, it's almost rude."

He nodded, almost understanding yet he didn't want to give up on him nor stop loving him.

"Alright."

Within minutes, they had made it to the entrance of Gerudo town. Luckily, the armor of a male rito was almost the exact same of a female, so he made it in without issue. They walked to the castle were Lady Riju was sitting there, studying the chains.

"Lady Riju, where did you get those?" Urbosa asked her, cautious of her next answers.

"Your hero, Link, had teleported here and asked we give these back to you." She handed her the chains and anklets, Urbosa looked at them worriedly.