*Our life*

Link's Pov

It's been 5 years since Link and Revali had gotten married, every year they had to redo the braids with new feathers/hair from each other. Today was that day.

"Daddy!" A voice had shouted, he turned around to see his daughter running towards him. he scooped her up then ruffled her feathers. 

Revali and Link had adopted a rito and a hylian, Urbosa had suggested that they adopted a child from each kind but neither one could deal with a Gordon, a zora, or even a gerudo child.

"What is it Margret?" He asked, Revali and Link had chosen a child from their kind, but the other named it.

"Are you and dad going to braid your hair today?" She asked, pointing a deep pink feather at one of his braids, he nodded then ruffled her feathers again.

"Yea, did you want to watch us?" He asked, she giggled then covered her beak.

"Why do you guys always tell us not to watch?" She asked in curiosity, he glanced over at Revali who had Teb, named after a rito who died in battle trying to save him.

"It's something special that a mate does with another, it's like..." His voice trailed off before scrunching up his nose. "It's like me watching you use the bathroom."

"Ew daddy, that's gross!" She screeched then giggled, shoving her wings in his face. He laughed then ruffled her feathers.

"Do you want to try and fly again?" Link asked, she nodded then looked at Revali.

"Dad, teach me how to fly!" She shouted, immediately, he set Teb down who ran over to watch his sister. Link looked at Margret who had her wings spread. He then glanced at Revali who looked nervous.

"Read...Set....Go!" Link threw her into the air, high enough for her wings to catch the updrafts in the air. 

"Flap your wings Margret!" Revali had shouted, watching as she glided on the air then started to rise higher, flapping her wings as fast as she could to go up.

"Am I doing it?" She asked, both parents were watching with smiles, her brother was cheering her on.

"Your flying sis!" Teb had shouted, she looked around then noticed how high she has gotten. Margret cheered, throwing her wings into the air, forgetting she had to flap them. After falling a foot, and giving her parents a heart attack, she started to beat her wings again.

"Come down Margret, you need to learn how to land." Revali called, Link held out his arm as a way for her talons to catch something.

"Won't I hurt daddy?" She asked, Link shook his head then smiled. Margret nodded nervously before shutting her dark pink wings and falling towards them. At the last second, she opened them back up, only to latch her talons on to his arm. 

"You did it!" Teb shouted again, Link let his arm down as she glided down and onto her brother who was hugging her. Teb was a dark skinned Hylian with black hair and blue eyes, Margret was a dark pink rito with a bit of white under her beak with brown eyes.

Link looked around, a loud roar had been heard in the distance. Panic arose in both parents as they didn't pay attention to it. Revali had scooped them up in his wings while Link looked around for the monster.

"How are there still monsters, I thought we killed them all!" Link asked, noticing that Revali tucked the kids in.

"Not sure but stay inside."

"No, if I use the master sword I will be able to kill them in less then a minute, watch the kids." Link said, grabbing his sword and shield, Reval grabbed his arm then nuzzled his head. Link smiled then kissed his beak.

"I love you Revil,"

"I love you too Mrs. Hero."

"Will I ever be rid of the name?"

"No, now fight for our family."

With that, Revali pulled out his bow, shock arrows ready to shoot monsters. Link had drawn the sword then saw the black and white moblins coming this way. It was only 3 of them but each one alone was too much at times for Link to handle.

By the time the 3rd one was down, he was panting and sweating, exhausted from the battle. Revali had opened the door with a smile to greet him, but it soon changed into a look of horror. He couldn't draw his bow back fast enough to beat the moblin who swung his sword then fell, it plunged into Link's heart as he fell.

"LINK!" Revali shouted, taking his master sword then stabbing the moblin before falling to the ground. Tears pooling and falling.

"Hey birdy." Link whispered, his hands limp next to his body. Shakily, Link raised his hand, he started to pet the crying rito.

"No, stay with me Link. You will be fine, I just need a potion, something for you to eat.."

"Revali...please just stay with me. You won't make it in time." Link responded, Revali sobbed as he clutched Link's hand that was resting his face.

"Hey, do you want to fix my braids?" Revali asked, Link nodded and smiled, with the strength and willpower he had left. He had started to undo Revali's braids. It was slow but Revali had cut enough of his hair to make sure he could braid it in.

"It seems like yesterday when I did the first time." Link chuckled, coughing up blood. Revali tried to turn around but Link placed a hand on his head.

"I suppose it does, the look on my face I had made you laugh for days. I was so shocked you cut your own hair for me." Revail replied, wiping the tears away, but more replaced it.

"I finished Revali." Link muttered, falling back on the ground, Revali turned around immediately. Link smiled gently.

"I think we might just see if I come back soon." Link whimpered, he could feel the blood loss escaping to his head but he didn't want to leave just yet.

"Link please try and stay with me, I need you the kids need you, Hyrule needs you." Revali begged, shaking as he pleaded with him.

"When Hyrule needs a hero, I will be there. The day you see me once more means Gannon wouldn't be too far off. I want you to protect the kids, protect everyone who needs it okay?" Link whispered, the strength to talk louder escaping him.

"I will I promise." The rito begged, he looked at his braids then smiled. "How about I fix them one last time Mrs....Mrs. Hero."

With that, Revali undid his braids, plucking 2 new feathers, he braided them in. He noticed Link's eyes closing.

"Hey stay with me, stay with me until I finish these okay, can you do that?" Revali asked quickly, Link's eyes opened once more, his smile loosing it's shine, but he smiled none the less.

After Revali finished the second one, he stared at his love with a smile on his beak and tears in his eyes.

Revali grabbed his hand, holding it gently, he leaned down and nuzzled him one last time. Link shakily pressed his lips to the scar he caused 5 years ago.

"I-I love you Mrs. Hero..."

"My Revali, my sweet rito...I love you too. I love you Revil..."

Word count: 1188

That's it folks, no that isn't a fake ending, Link dies in the arms of someone he fell in love with over 109 years ago.