Courting?

Revalis POV

He awoke very early, but it was alright as he had time to practice what he could say, perhaps an apology was best suited before anything could happen. A knock was heard moments after he woke up, it was Mipha.

"We are waiting on the stairs outside for Urbosa and Link to return, will you be joining us?" She asked, he nodded and grabbed the bow he made for Link.

"Yes of course, lead the way." He replied, clicking his breaking anxiously.

"It will be okay, I bet he will say yes." Mipha said, breaking the tension between the two.

"I just hope he isn't mad, I made this from a branch of his apple tree." He held out the bow, she smiled and looked at it.

"He would be thrilled, you had ate an apple before he trusted you I assume?" She asked, he looked at her with a puzzled look.

"Daruk did the same thing, ate quiet a few actually." She explained, giggling at the memory. 

"Link had chase him around with the master sword while Daruk apologized to him and rolling around. It was the first week we had all been at the castle." She added before they walked to the doors.

"I don't think I can deal with the rejection once more." He spoke quietly, she placed a small flipper on his wing.

"Once more?" She asked, confused at his statement.

"As I had feelings for him around the first days we met, I didn't understand them so I kept him away by my rude and  harsh comments. I apologized for everything and asked him to court but he rejected me, telling me I had messed up badly in the past." He explained, fiddling with the bow, she giggled slightly then looked at the nervous rito.

"Well that sounds like something Link would do  but, if he says no, then we are here for you, if yes we still are. Zelda told me last night while you worked that Link has never courted anyone either. Apparently girls were never something he thought about." She added before slightly pushing him out, trying to encourage him. 

Zelda and Daruk marveled at the bow he strung up all of yesterday. While holding Zelda's hand, Mipha looked for a large, black horse, it was the largest in all of Hyrule, perfect for a Gerudo woman. Zelda jumped up and looked past a few trees before smiling.

"It's Urbosa and Link." Those words should have made Revali excited, but it just made his heart sink. He felt like flying away, never returning, but he wasn't a cucoo, he will do this, might as well accept the rejection now then sooner. 

The horse stopped as he hid the bow behind his back, Zelda talked to Link before moving out of the way, the two saw each other and suddenly became aware of what they were doing.

"I want to apologize-" they both started, growing more embarrassed after talking.

'Oh Hylia help me.' They both thought.

Links POV

Link cleared his throat before speaking:

"As much as I hated talking before this, I wanted to apologize for a few things really:"

This earned a few chuckles from Revali and the guardians as well as Zelda who was holding Mipha.

"First for almost punching you, then I actually punched you, and rejecting you."

"Link you should-"

"I rejected you on reasons that weren't true, well perhaps what you did wasn't healthy but I did lie. I am afraid that once I start to court you, something will happen and I will wake up in a few time without you or anyone. I was afraid that I would read your stories in a  book, it would have been that long since you were alive."

"Well, I suppose you apology was much better than mine but I wanted to apologize for being an overall prick, I didn't think and let my beak keep running." Revali stated, he earned a few "yea you were" from their little peanut gallery. Both stood there before suddenly saying at the same time once more:

"Can I court you?"

Both had their eyes shut, tensed up, the champions laughed at this. The boys had revealed what was behind their backs and opened their eyes slowly.

"You made this?" Link asked reaching for the bow, as Revali did the bouquet of Nightshade and Silent princesses.

"You got me these?" Revali answered back, marveling at how he had some of the rarest flowers in his wings.

"Well if you must know, I made it from the apple tree, I'm sorry I had to take a branch." He stated, not noticing Link tearing up at the thought of his father's apple tree had now become a bow from a rito he cared for.

"Well if you must know we traveled to the Great Fairy Fountain for the flowers, I had traveled across all of Hyrule, and the fairy fountains were the place they grew the most." Link said, rubbing his tears once more. Revali cupped his face, wiping them for him.

"Why do you cry?" He asked gently, forgetting the other champions watching.

"That apple tree was planted by me and my father 100 years ago before he died, it's the last fond memory and you made it even better." With that, Link remembered what Revali had done to him and decided to return the favor. He stood on his toes and nuzzled the ritos face, when Revali didn't do anything he pulled back embarrassed. Revali recovered from his shock, cupped the small Hylian's face then returned it, only then did they remember the champions watching because of their shouts. and cheers.

"My answer to your question you silly rito, is yes, I will court you." Link whispered, not bothering to contain his joy, he moved the bouquet so he could tackle Link in a large hug. As they did so they fell down the stairs, Link activated Daruk's protection on accident as they fall. This action earned loud laughs from the champions standing on top of the stairs.

"LITTLE GUT YOU STILL HAVE THAT?" Daruk asked, as they ran down the stairs.

"Yea, I have all your gifts still, but never really had a use anymore." Link replied and looked at the shocked rito, he checked his feathers for the bouquet and was relieved to have found them safe and unharmed.

"Revali, follow me." Link said with a smile, he got up and looked at the other champions who were laughing at the shocked rito. He gently grabbed the rito's wing, never realizing how soft it was, leading him to the apple tree.

"Why are we here?" He asked as they rounded the tree, Link took a knife and cut away the moss that covered his father's name and something else; a large heart.

"I had carved this with my father long ago, he told me to put the Initial of someone that I care about more than life it's self. It sounds so corny really, but I have had 100 years of just dreams and had let these feelings to fester and grow and I will not let this slip by." Link explained carving their initials into the heart, he had taken the bouquet from Revali and set it by the tree where the bow sat. Link threw his arms around neck and hugged him.

"I care for you so much Link, when you had rejected me the first time over your...interesting reasons." Link laughed at this comment.

"I didn't know how to feel about it. Now I know to fight for what I believe in, to fight for what I love." Revali started and looked at the Hylian. "I was not certain of what the feelings I had for the 100 years were, though I suppose I had a lot of time to think." This earned a small chuckle from the hylian. "I wish to spend even longer with you, as I am certain of what I feel to be love, but I wish for more time."

"For once, time is on my side, and I hope to keep it that way."

Word count: 1110

It seems like we are nearing a end, fear not I have more in store, perhaps a time skip a month after today to a certain wedding...