*Aftermath pt 2*

Revali's Pov

Revali felt his feathers standing on edge, a natural thing ritos did to make themselves look bigger.

"Let go of him, or there will be consequences Zora, regardless if you are a prince or not, I will shot a shock arrow through your thick skull." He stated, knocking on in his bow, immediently, Sidon held Link up as a shield.

"Try and shoot me, you will just hurt your precious mate!" He stated, Revali saw the smug look at Link's face then nodded.

"Fine, I don't care if I hurt the Hylian. Mates are easy to find, but another Zora prince? Not so easy." Revali said nonshlant.

"You see Link, I am better than a rito that doesn't care." Sidon stated, flashing a smile towards Revali.

"Zora, let go of my mate." Revali growled, the Zora looked at his feathers then at Link's hair.

"I see now the feathers of you or him in either of your possessions, so he is fair game. I am claiming the hero as my mate." Sidon repeated, he growled at the rito. He let the bow down, making sure he didn't shoot the arrow. A smile appeared on his face as if saying: 'I win.'

"You imbecile, let him choose who he will be with." Revali snapped, his beak clicking. 

"Fine, I know who Link will choose, he's a smart boy." The Zora looked down at Link, he let go slightly, Link wormed his way out and ran into Revali's wings.

"That's my Hylian." Revali whispered, holding him as tight as he could without hurting him.

"Sidon!" Mipha shouted, Revali watched as she grabbed his horn and started to pull him away. Cursing him out in what sounded like a Zora language.

"Link can I talk to you?" Revali asked, Link looked at him strangely but followed him to the room they had gotten ready in.

"Are you alright?" Link asked him, Revali only laughed then cupped his face.

"I should be asking you that." He responded then nuzzled his head gently.

"You called me your mate, wouldn't we have been wed then?" Link asked, Revali looked down then played with Link's hands, trancing his feathers over his skin.

"That was what I wanted to talk about actually." Revali whispered, he continued, not letting Link respond. "I wanted to ask if you wanted me to braid your hair, well really it's asking to wed you. I mean you can say, we can say to wait longer." Link started to laugh, holding himself laughing. The rito felt a bit offended that he was laughing at him in a moment like this.

"Revali, I have never seen you so quiet or sensitive before, I found it funny because it's so unlike the powerful, kind, prideful Rito I fell in love with. The same rito I would be happy to call my mate or husband." Link said, his smile getting bigger and bigger as he spoke.

"You...You will?" Revali asked, Link nodded as he Revali picked him up and swung him around.

"Now how will you show everyone I'm yours?" Link asked, Revali sat him down on a chair in front of a mirror of sorts.

"Just watch." He replied, then proceeded to pluck 2 feathers from his wings, causing Link to look at him with the face of a hylian who watched a dog get kicked. Revali quickly braided 2 braids on the side of Link's face , his feathers woven in. A few beads were added, beads of gems he had found around Rito village.

"Now I hope your okay with this." Revali said as Link marveled at the braids, he nodded wildly before getting up and shoving Revali in the chair

"Don't open your eyes okay?" He asked, Revali smiled and nodded, he heard the sound of scissors then felt Link undo his braids. The feeling of his fingers through his feathers wasn't unpleasant, far from it actually. The braids weren't done as quick as the rito had done it, but the hylian was smiling at his work which he found a good sign.

"What did you-" The rito shut up as quickly as he could when he noticed the blonde strands running through his braids.

"I don't have feathers, but I have hair, tons of it." Link joked, Revali hugged him, the most wonderful feeling of love filled the ritos heart.

"I want to show you off hylian." Revali growled then pulled Link back into the party, the champions had gone looking for them, relieved when they found them. But it took Urbosa laughing and explaining where they went and what they were doing for them to laugh as well.

"I knew it, I had no doubts that Revali would ask." Zelda spoke, on her ring finger was a ring with Zora sapphire. On the Zora women was a ring with a diamond, Zelda's mother's ring

"All it took was Sidon being inappropriate to reveal his intentions." Mipha spoke, glaring at her brother who was being scolded by the king as well.

"Link, you actually cut your hair?" Urbosa asked, touching the braids in Revali's feathers, Link nodded as he moved her hand. "Ahh I see, only mates can touch them correct?" Revali nodded and held Link close when Sidon walked towards the couple.

Link laughed a bit as he felt his feathers rising once more, but it didn't stop Revali from engulfing the hero with his wings.

"I apologize to you hero, my intentions were pure but they I went about it was wrong." He spoke, then looked at Revali then Link's hair. "I see you have asked to wed him." Link smiled and ran his fingers through Revali's feathers.

"Well we have a night of fun and dancing, are you two ready?" Zelda spoke, Daruk had wandered to the food table where rocks from Eldin mountain were being served along with rocks from across Hyrule.

Revali and Link shared a look, Link grabbed Revali's wing then kissed his beak.

"Yea, I'm ready, Revali?" Revali recovered from the small kiss and smiled.

"I am too,"

Word count: 1006

This is the 3rd to last chapter of the book, I will maybe add a few more spin offs, but this is it. I  hope you guys enjoyed this story and all the updates I had for it! Enjoy the final chapter