Still Confused (*)

Link POV

          Link woke with a jolt, his brow covered in sweat, another memory of another life but it felt like a nightmare. He couldn't remember most of it, must have been of an earlier lifetime but it had shifted to memories of this time, memories before the champion's demise 105 years ago now. He rubbed his eyes, then looked out to the window only to realize he had slept in later than he should ever have. He quickly got dressed, scrambling for parts of his uniform that he had shed randomly throughout his room- another thing quite unlike him. Typically he undresses, washes them, and leaves them to dry on the clothes wire outside that hangs above the balcony. 

          As he got ready, he noticed more and more how his hair was catching parts of his uniform, even when he sheathed his sword, he noticed how the ends had gotten caught inside the sword, cutting them off easily. With a groan he realized he hadn't cut his hair either last night, however seeing as how today was that day, he would do it tomorrow. Link opened the drawer to the nightstand and pulled out a piece of string he had tied together to use as a ponytail. After drawing his hair up into a ponytail that was much longer than he likes, he made his way out of his chambers.

          He closed and locked the door swiftly, pocketing the key, and began his swift walk to his training area for a mid-morning training exercise. As he walked the halls, he met the eyes of many maids and butlers who only blushed and adverted their eyes after looking at him. Link questioned the gazes, but never figured out why they looked at him in such a manner. He was the princess' knight but he was still a knight nonetheless. With a small sigh, he quicked his pace to the field, ignoring the small rumbling in his stomach at the thought of training before breakfast. 

          When he made it to his part of the field, a small corner next to the castle where a beat-up training dummy was posted in the ground under the shade of a large apple tree, one that he had planted with the father he had in this timeline. The sun was already beating down on the hero, just moments after stepping outside in his full 'hero's tunic' as Zelda would call it. With a stiff nod to the tree, he unclipped the sheath of the master sword with the sword inside then held it out in front of him, ready to begin his training. He closed his eyes for a moment, taking in a deep breath, then as quickly as he opened his eyes, he lunged like a cat. Swiftly stepping from side to side as he lashed out at the dummy, bringing the sword flat against his body as if he was blocking a blow before swinging out and striking the dummy once again. 

          "There you are Mr. Hero, I was wondering when you come out here," Revali called, though  Link didn't slow down the training, rather he started to speed up. His small steps now becoming graceful glides across the worn grass. The Rito warrior clicked his beak in annoyance as he landed a few feet from Link, the shade of the tree providing much-needed chill compared to the harsh sun beating down on his navy feathers. Link nodded once in the direction of Revali without breaking his stride then focused all of his attention on the dummy once again. 

            Revali, feeling ignored and slightly hurt, walked over to the apple tree, and brought his wing up to pluck an apple but was swiftly tapped with the sheathed end of the master sword. By no means hard enough to cause any real lingering pain, but just hard enough to annoy the Rito.  "What was that for?" Revali squawked as he once again tried to reach up for an apple, but was again tapped with the sword. "This apple tree has been here for decades, it can't be your tree hero, why must you prevent me from having one of the fruits?"

           "Not your tree." Link grunted, slowing himself down but increasing the strength behind each attack.  Revali ignored the fuzzy feeling he felt when Link spoke, rather focusing on the argument at hand.