Country boy I love you

"Tyler for the last time, get up." My mother yells at me from the my doorway. I groan and roll over taking the blanket with me.

"Tyler Hazel Parker, you are going to late for work." She says. She's right of course. I'm nineteen and should be more responsible. But does that change the strong hatred I have for getting up at 8am and walking and associating with humans I despise just as much? Not even a little.

But again, she is right. I sit up sighing. My head spins at first and I throw my thick, comfortable, warm blanket off me. I think I'm too attached to me bed.

"Thank you." Mom says, her heels clicking as she walks down the hallway.

I lazily get up and drag myself to my closet that was way overdue for a clean out if I was being honest. I pick out black skinny jeans and a Vans hoodie. I brush my hair and teeth and put on my white Adidas.

Pulling my hair into a high ponytail I walk downstairs. "Do you have time for breakfast?" Mom asks.

"Does dad?" I question her and she gives me a stern look. "You know he works. He does it for us." She says.

"Okay." I say grabbing and apple and grabbing my bag.

"Have a good day. I love you." Mom calls. "I love you too." I call back and grab my skateboard from the front door.

I put my headphones in and blast Lil Peep humming along to the beat as I swerved my cars and houses.

I arrive at my work, a cute little restaurant that was always busy and filled my crying toddlers or complaining old people.

"Tyler get your ass to work!" Lillian, my boss yells refilling a scowling ladies glass of coffee.

"Okay jeez." I pull on my apron and look around. I pull out 4 menus and greet the table closest to the door.

...

By 2pm I'm exhausted and ready to lay down on the floor and let the roaches me my blanket. Okay ew.

Right as I sit down to rest for eight seconds a big group of people around my ago come in.

"Oh god." I mutter and stand counting their heads. Six.

I grab six menus and walk up to them. "Hi, can I seat you?" I ask to no one in particular.

"Where's-" one of them is cut off by the restaurant doors opening and someone bursting through. I don't even have time to move before I'm tackled and on the contaminated floor.

"Fuck." I mutter my head pounding. I open my eyes and realize that there is a boy on top of me. A very attractive boy I might add. He has a red beanie on and pink hair sticks out of it. The pink strands hang in his light chocolate eyes.

"Oh shit I am so sorry." He scrambles off me and I laugh lightly. "It's okay, not like I needed my cranium anyway." I mutter but obviously not quiet enough because the group laughs.

"I really am sorry, I tripped over this.." he points to my bag and I try to contain my laugh.

"Sorry about that." I say picking up my bag and setting it on the counter as the guy stands there speechless.

"Can I seat you all?" I ask and the guy just nods.

I grab an extra menu and push two tables together and they all sit. I pass out the menus and ask them if they already know what they want to drink. They thankfully do and I run to get them.

I come back with seven cups and I'm praying to Elmo that I don't drop them on the floor or worse someone.

I got to the table successfully and even remember what everyone ordered. I'm doing good. That's suspicious.

"Are you ready to order?" I ask because I know it took a while to get all seven drinks with how busy this place is even with five waiters.

They give me their orders and I run to the kitchen and hand the paper with everyone's orders on it.

After twenty minutes I'm back at the table and Pinkie (that's what I'm calling the guy with pink hair) is sitting on one of the guys lap.

"Jake get your fat ass off me." He curses and I laugh. "Love me!" He yells and a blonde guy looks over. "Don't come for my man like that." He says and a girl with blue hair smacks his chest playfully.

Pinkie looks over and sees me and sits back in his seat. I laugh and hand everyone their food.

"Enjoy." I say and leave the table.

...

At 4pm I don't even think I'll be able to make it home. I throw my apron off and tell everyone goodbye.

I start skating home and hum to Teen Romance by of course Lil Peep.

As I'm passing the big house that's been up for sale for a year now I notice the lights are on. I guess someone moved in and I didn't realize it.

I prop my skateboard up against the wall and grab a snack to do while I do my online classes.

Moms at work where she works as a college professor. And dads in his office like always. He's a writer and he never leaves his office for anything. He came out of there for an hour at my 18th birthday.

I could have a whole party and he wouldn't come out. Don't get me wrong I know his work gets me my food and house but I wouldn't mind a day with him if it meant I had to give up some clothes.

I get in sweatpants, take out my contacts and replace them with my much more comfortable glasses.

I finish after two hours and I contemplate ordering food or just eating leftovers. Leftovers will do.

I eat and then write. I write down whatever thoughts I had during the day. Good or bad. I write to release all the bad things. I didn't have a best friend to rant to. So a journal would have to do.

I wrote about Pinkie and how my lunch tasted like actual pennies. I know very interesting but what do you expect when I do the same thing every single day?

I shut my journal and eventually fall asleep after listening to the neighbors blast country music.

I fall asleep and dream about "Country boy I love you."