Sleepover

Tonight I was going to be sleeping over at the Traphouse. With Devyn and Kat and I was supposed to be meeting their friend Xepher.

I was almost done packing my bag when my mom walked in my room. "Hey mom, I'm leaving now." I say.

"No, hold on a minute." She says. I look at her. "What's going on?" I ask. "So I talked to your dad." She says.

"And..." I say confused on where this was going. "He says he saw you on top of Jake the other day." I immediately scoff.

"Oh for gods sake. I was not on top of him." I say. "He says you two were kissing." My mouth drops. "We were not!" I raise my voice.

"I jumped on his back because he had a video of me dancing and I don't want him to-" she stops me. "A video of you dancing?" She raises an eyebrow.

"Mom, not like that." I say disgusted she would think I would do that. "On with your story then." She waves me on.

"I jumped in his back to get his phone and we fell on the couch and I may have been slightly on him but it wasn't intentional." I say and she nods.

"So you believe me?" I ask and she nods. "Why would I believe a husband who doesn't even have time for his own family over my daughter who has never lied to me before. That I know of." She says and I laugh.

"I love you, mom" I say hugging her. "I love you too, have fun with the girls." She says as I grab my bag.

"And Tyler?" She stops me. "Yes?"

"If anything were going on with you and Jake you'd tell me right?" She asks and I nod my head smiling.

"Of course."

...

"Tyler, we're all getting in the pool. Did you bring a swimsuit this time?" Kat laughs.

"Yes." I answer laughing. "Okay go change." Devyn says and I run up to the bathroom to change into my maroon bikini on.

I'm happy with how I look so I walk down to the pool and everyone's already in the pool or on the side.

I don't see Jake so I stand by the edge talking to Brennen who I met along with Xepher (who seems very familiar) both are very nice and funny. Brennen is a bit sexual but hey who isn't?

"Hold your  breath." Brennen says but before I can ask what he means I'm in the pool. I come up to see Jake laughing.

He flips his hair and smiles at me while I laugh with him. I swim away from him and he frowns.

"Come back." I hear him as I swim toward the girls. "What is up bitches." I say and they burst out laughing.

"What?" I say in my best snobby white girl voice. "Tyler stop." Kevin calls from the side of the pool laughing.

I laugh and decide to stop annoying the shit out of everyone. I sit on the edge of the pool with my feet in.

"Are you staying Xepher?" I ask her. "Not tonight but I want to." She frowns. "Well there is always other weeks." I say and she nods.

"I don't know-" and I'm in the pool. "Ow, Jake my ass." I yell and the whole backyard starts throwing things at Jake.

"Jake her ass!" Corey yells throwing, floaties, water guns and shoes at him.

"Okay, damn." He mutters and I laugh.

Xepher is looking at her phone and then looks up. "Okay guys, as much as I'd love to stay I have to go. I had fun though." She says smiling.

"Aw, why do you have to go?" Devyn asks. "Mi-" Jake coughs loudly. "Okay, Xeph we'll talk to you later." He says. Why did he cut her off like that?

"Damn, cut off." She says and Jake waves her over. He whispers something in her and she smiles and looks at me. "I got it." She says winking at me.

What the hell?

Xepher says goodbye to everyone and eventually Kevin, Brennen and Tori have gone too.

"Come on, pajamas!" Devyn shouts. We had gotten out the pool a few hours and we had just finished off our pizza.

When I'm coming out the bathroom I slip on something. I let out a groan that draws the girls.

"Oh my god what happened?" Kat laughs and then gasps. "Oh my god you're bleeding." She says running out the room.

"Are you okay?" Devyn asks kneeling beside me. "I think so." I say moving slightly and gasping at the pain in my arm.

"Yeah, you're elbows bleeding a lot." She says. "Kat hurry up!" She screams.

Kat comes back with napkins, water, bandaids, and hydrogen peroxide. "Okay Devyn you do it." She says and I laugh.

"Oh, you big baby." Devyn replies and takes the supplies.

She gently wipes away the blood with a wet paper towel and I wince. "I know sorry." She says.

"Put your arm over the sink." She instructs and I do so. She pours the peroxide over it and after it finishes bubbling she puts the big bandaid over it.

"It's already really bruised." Kat says and takes a picture showing it to me. "Oh damn." It is. It's already purple and blue all over my elbow.

"Okay, you guys wanna watch some movies?" I ask.

"The Notebook." Kat says and I glare at her. "You're kidding." I say and she shakes her head. "That's so basic." I laugh and she pushes me playfully.

"Let's watch Coraline." I say and Devyn scrunches up her nose. "Of all movies." She says laughing. "I mean we could watch Beetlejuice." I suggest and they both shake their head violently.

They hated it last week when we watched it. Devyn perks up.

"Okay don't joke me but what about...Starstruck?" Devyn asks and I jump up.

"Oh, yes come on." I race down the stairs bumping into a shirtless Jake. "Hey- holy shit what happened to your arm?" He asks holding it gently.

"I slipped." I say. "Damn." He says letting my arm go. I try not to look at his stomach the whole time he's talking because...

"We're watching a movie, you wanna watch with us?" I ask. "Yeah sure." He walks to the living with me as Kat and Devyn run down with pillows and blankets.

"Guys, I would have helped." I say and the shrug. "It's fine, plus how could you with your elbow?" Devyn says.

"I'm not helpless I say grabbing a blanket and immediately dropping to after the shot of pain in my arm.

"Mhmm." Kat says and we laugh.

We get comfortable on the couch Jake on one end, me next to him, Kat then Devyn on the other end.

"Starstruck really?" Jake asks and we all glare at him. "What? It's a good ass movie." I say and he laughs shaking his head.

I realize he had just taken at shower and his hair was damp on his head. It was cute.

I look back at the t.v and watch the movie.

Halfway through us fangirling over Sterling Knight I find myself yawning. Jake looks down at me and I think he smiles. I can't tell.

Jake starts playing with my hair and my eyes start drifting shut. I fall asleep laying on Jakes chest without even realizing it.