Party

I wake up warm and comfortable. I open my eyes to find Jake next to me. His arm over me with me laying in his chest and my leg over his.

I smile and slip out of his grip. He groans but doesn't wake up.

He looks so cute sleeping that I can't help but pull out my phone and take a picture.

My legs are between both of his so he takes the chance to knock me over and back on the bed.

On top of him. "Good morning." He says huskily his face not even inches away from mine.

"Good morning." I say barely a whisper. "Taking my pictures?" He says.

"Maybe." I smile drawing his attention to my mouth. My smile drops as he leans in.

With our lips a whisper apart someone barges into Jakes room. We jump apart as Colby comes in with pots and pans.

"What the hell?" I ask.

"Damn it, I thought that you two were still sleeping and I could have woken you up." He pouts and I laugh.

"Well, sorry to break it to you but we don't sleep in until one pm every day." I say and he rolls his eyes.

"Yeah, well I'm up now aren't I?" He asks. "And I'm also going back to bed." He says and Jake and I laugh.

"Breakfast?" I ask and Jake nods getting up.

"What are we gonna eat?" I ask and he doesn't answer just reaches into the cabinets. He pulls something out and showcases it.

"Pancakes!" He yells throwing his head back. I laugh and he gets out the ingredients.

"Do you want any help?" I ask and he shakes his head. "No I got it." He says "I think." He mutters under his breath.

I laugh walking off interested in what would happen if I left Jake alone with a stove.

I walk into the living room and find Xepher, Kevin, Corey and Devyn on the couch.

"Go go." Xepher and Devyn are shooing something off. "What are you shooing off?" I ask and Devyn and Xepher hesitate before giving two different answers.

"Navi." Devyn says at the same time Xepher says "Buddy." I raise an eyebrow and they look at each other.

"Whoops I get them mixed up sometimes." Xepher taps her head.

I laugh. "Okay." I say and plop down next to Xepher. We watch t.b for a bit and then Devyn and Xepher are staring at me.

"What?" I ask looking between the two. "So, are you and Jake a thing?" Devyn asks.

I cough on air and start picking at the loose couch threads. "What? No- why- why do you say that?" I stutter.

"I don't know, you kinda slept in the same bed so we kinda assumed.." Xepher doesn't finish her sentence.

"Oh my god no." I say horrified at the idea "We're just friends." I say and think back to this mornings events.  "I think." I mutter and their eyes widen.

"Okay, we'll be outside." Kevin says getting up along with Corey. We wave and then all the attention is back on me.

"What do you mean, you think?" Kat comes around the corner. "Oh you sneaky bitch!" I throw a pillow at her.

"Sorry I couldn't help myself." She laughs sitting next to Devyn. "But tell us everything." She adds.

"Well, I mean we went on a date but after that we just hung out. But we kinda almost kissed at my house.." I trail off and they let out high pitch screams.

"What?" They yell at the same time.

"And maybe almost this morning?" I say and they scream again making my ears ring.

"What stopped you guys?" Kat asks.

"First we were interrupted by my dad and then this morning by Colby." I say and while Kat and Devyn are squealing excitedly, Xepher looks as if she's in deep thought.

"Penny for your thoughts?" I say and she shakes her head. "It's nothing." She says smiling and I let it go.

"So your birthdays this Friday right?" Devyn asks and I nod my head .

"What are you doing for the occasion?" Xepher asks. "I'm actually coming and hanging over here." I say.

"Yes, we can have a party." Xepher exclaims.  "Oh yes, we can invite-"

"What? When did I agree to this?" I laugh and they stop. "Sorry, I can get ahead of myself sometimes." Kat says and I laugh again.

"It's okay."

We talk for a little while longer and the Xepher leaves.

"Would you want to have a party though?" Kat asks and I think of the pros and cons.

My family probably wouldn't like it. It would be fun and I could hang with everyone.

"Yeah I want to actually." I say and Kat and Devyn jump. "Yes, we're starting to plan now." Devyn says and her and Kat start talking.

I know the chapters are short but fun stuff is coming up so wait