Grateful

"Mom, I'm home." I call and look around the house for her. "Mom?" I fall again.  I know she's not at work.

I walk upstairs and stop once I pass by a room. Lily's room. There is sound coming from it so I walk inside my sisters room.

To say I was shocked was an understatement. "Mom?" I question tears already in my eyes.

"Good morning Tyler." She responds simply. "What's going on?" I ask already knowing what was happening.

"Well we hired some workers to move a few things." She says not looking me in the eye.

"Mom, Lily's whole room is gone." I tear falls down my face. "Tyler, we had to face it at some point." She says grabbing my hands.

"Face what? Why did you feel this was necessary?" I ask her. "Even if you don't believe it, this is very necessary." She says.

"Face what Mom? Because you're not making any sense." I say and she rubs her face.

"Tyler, your father he-" I cut her off. "No, mom what do we need to face?" I raise my voice.

"That she's not coming back!" Mom yells and I back away from her. I shake my head.

"You're right. She's not but the only thing you need to realize is that erasing her won't make it hurt any less." I say walking away.

She calls my name and I ignore it. I see my dad coming toward me and I ignore him too. He grabs my arm telling me to listen to my mother.

"She's right." He says sternly.

"You're no better than her." I cry out wrenching out his grip. "Instead of helping and supporting your family through tough times. You try to ignore the problem by shutting yourself away in your damn office." I say. "It's not going to make Lily being gone any less difficult to handle." I say before walking out the house all together.

...

Two hours later I find myself on the sidewalk of some trashy neighborhood.

My eyes are red and puffy and I can't breathe. I can't believe they really got rid of everything. All of it. Gone.

When a man walks a bit close to me I get off the curb and move away. I had no idea where I was so I couldn't walk home.

He follows. I walk away and he continues to follow. Once I gain speed he runs at me.

I scream as he slams me against a building. "What's a pretty girl like you doing in these streets?" I says his disgusting breath going in my face.

"Get the fuck off me!" I yell trying to push him off me. He pushes back harder.

"Mm, I like them feisty." He licks his lips and I nearly throw up.

"Get off!" I yell again and he puts his dirty hands up my shirt. I kick and scratch at him but that only results in him putting my hands above my head.

He starts to unbutton my pants and I scream and kick. He has them halfway down my legs and he grins evilly.

I'm bawling and screaming as he touches me. He grinds his erection on me and I try pushing him off again.

He growls and pushes me back my head slapping the brick wall with a loud crack. My vision is going blurry and I force myself not to pass out.

Fight. Fight.

He starts to unbutton his jeans and I take the chance. I knee him a hard as I can in the balls.

He lets out a stream of dark curses. I take off as fast as I can and don't stop for a good ten minutes.