Surprise

It was the morning of my 20th birthday. I was greeted by my mother with pancakes and fruit which I really appreciated.

My dad said happy birthday, handed me my gift and left. It was small. But I did appreciate it. He was trying.

I know Lily's death really did take a big toll on him and I try to remind myself that I wasn't the only one effected.

"Okay let's open presents." Mom says at 3:00 after we had gone shopping and hung out.

She was surprisingly okay with the party but we had to make sure not to say anything to dad.

We sit down and I open the first present from mom. I slowly open it and pull out a pair of boots.

"Mom." I say and she smiles. I've wanted these boots since I was seventeen but they're like 200 dollars.

"I wish I could've gotten something more but-" I cut her off.

"Mom shut up I love them." I hug her tightly. "I'm glad, happy birthday Tyler." She says and I smile.

"Thank you I love you." I say. "Love you too."

Mom had been much more affectionate after that night. I haven't told her what happened, but the next morning I realized I hadn't told anyone where I was. I hadn't even called out for work.

"Okay. Open your dads. I don't even know what he got you." Mom says excitedly and I laugh.

It was a small black box and I opened it even slower. I pull out a heart shaped necklace.

"I think it opens." Dad says from behind me all the sudden.

I open in and gasp. Tears in my eyes I study the locket. Inside there is two pictures of me and Lily.

"Thank you dad." I get up and hug him. It's a short but nice hug.

"I love you Tyler." He says. "I love you too dad." I say and I hear mom sniffle. I go and hug her too.

The rest of the day we all watched movies together.

...

At 9:00 I'm ready for my birthday party.

I'm wearing by new boots and a long sleeved striped shirt with a black skirt and fishnets.

My hair, my mom curled and I did my own makeup. Winged eyeliner with lipstick.

I have on quite a few rings and my new locket on. I really did love it.

"Tyler! Kats here!" Mom yells from the living room. I run down the stairs and open the door revealing an amazing looking Kat. She's wearing a very soft pink dress that complimented her curves.

"Damn you look good." I say and she smiles. "You are smoking Tyler." She replies and we say bye to my mom.

We pull up to the Traphouse, music already blaring and people all around.

"Tyler you look amazing!" Devyn yells running up to me with Xepher. Devyns wearing a slightly cropped white shirt that hangs off the shoulders and a leather skirt.

Xephers outfit I had to say I loved the most, she was wearing a bedazzled black top with a plaid skirt and fishnets  and boots similar to mine, hers more clunky.

"God damn you girls are hot." I say laughing. "So are you holy shit." Xepher says laughing with us.

"Happy birthday, by the way." Xepher says and I thank her. "Yeah happy birthday girl." Kat and Devyn says and I thank them as well.

We walk into the house together and it's not long before Jake comes out of no where screaming "Twins!" I laugh looking at him.

We're wearing the same striped shirt, he's wearing a beanie I really like. It's the skeleton of the playboy bunny.

"Okay happy birthday." He says and I smile at him "Thank you." I blush for no reason at all and I see Kat and Devyn wink at me.

I shake my head.

"Okay is there is someone I want you to meet." Jake says and I raise an eyebrow. I've met mostly all of Jakes friends haven't I?

"Okay?" I say. "Close your eyes." He instructs. "Jake what are you gonna do?" I ask but shut my eyes anyway.

I notice the music stopped and no one is making a sound. "Jake, whats going on? Why's it so quiet?" I ask and Jake puts his hand over my eyes probably thinking I would look.

"Just trust me." Jake says and I sigh. "Okay." I reply and we stop walking.

"Okay, open on three." He says. "Jake if it's a bunch of worms I'm not talking to you. I fucking hate worms and I know you know that." I ramble.

"One." Jake says.

"Two." I hear the girls say.

"Three!" Everyone yells and I slowly open my eyes.

I stand there for a second before covering my mouth with my hand. "Wait." I say smiling madly.

Everyone laughs. "Happy birthday Tyler." My fucking idol says to me.

"Is this a joke? A prank?" I say and Jake laughs. "Nope. We're all friends of Mikes."

That's when I start crying. "Oh my god, I love you so much." I say still far away from him.

I inch closer to him and poke him "Okay." He says. "I'm- I'm sorry this just seems so surreal." I say.

I then gently go for a hug.

Hugging my idol was like being born again. You feel like nothing could go wrong and I felt like it was a dream.

"Tell me. Is it true?" I ask him.

"Is what true?" He asks.

"Did your family kick you out the group chat for sending dick pics?" I ask and I hear everyone crack up behind me.

"It is indeed." He says and I laugh.

"You're a very welcoming person." I say to him and Xepher steps up.

That's when it hits me. "I fucking knew that I knew you from somewhere! You're his girlfriend." I say and she nods smiling.

"Holy shit." I mutter.

"Holy shit."

...

For the rest of the night we dance and sing some drink but I'm not old enough so I'm not drinking along with some others.

I walk up to Jake. "So you planned the whole Mike thing?" I ask and he nods.

"I did with the help of Kevin and Xepher." He says.

"Thank you." I hug him tightly. "It wasn't any trouble." He says. "It means more than you'll ever know." I say pulling back.

He gives me a genuine smile and then asks to dance.

We dance together until the girls join us.

I was having so much fun. I was so happy.

I not only got to meet my idol but could hang out with him because he was friends with everyone.

I was more than happy.