Eight

Since the moment I stepped into the restaurant Thursday morning to now, three hours later we've been so busy and so hot that one girl passed out.

I'm running around getting orders mixed up, stepping on peoples feet and pissing them off.

I bump into someone at one point and look up to see it's Jake. "Jake I don't have time to talk we're more busy than we've ever been." I say.

He follows me back to the counter and picks up an old apron. "What are you doing?" I ask.

"I'm helping." He says.

I don't argue with him. "Thank you."

...

At 4pm it's still slightly busy but Jake doesn't have to help anymore and I can go home.

"Thank you for all the help." I say and he just drinks his water. "Tyler." Lillian calls me over.

I get up and she points to Jake. "Bring your friend." Jake looks up and follows me to Lillian.

"You both did a good job so you get a mint." She says handing us two mints. "Thanks Lillian." I say and she nods walking away smiling.

"Would you want to go to dinner tomorrow night?" He asks and I pretend to think.

"Um no. I have plans." I say walking out the door. "Oh. That's okay." He says.

"Oh my gosh, Jake I'm kidding. I'd love to." I say and he smiles and it makes me smile.

"Okay I'll pick you up at eight again." He says and I nod.

I start to take off on my skateboard but he stops me. "Do you need a ride?" He asks.

"Yeah I could use a ride." I say getting in his car.

We talk about music and our hobbies when we drive to my house. I know basic ass stuff but hey what did you expect?

"Bye Jake and thank you for all the help today we needed it." I say.

"No problem. Tomorrow at 8" He says and waves.