Chapter Seven

Jimin wasn't quite sure when the switch took place, but he realized at some point that he had stopped worrying so much about Yoongi and what awful thing he was going to do to him. At some point in his life, he just quit seeing the reason behind his worry.

Yoongi was nice to him, and it didn't feel like it was fake. He had been friends with Seokjin since they were kids and Seokjin didn't seem to have anything bad to say about him. The only people who seemed to have such bizarre opinions of him were people who didn't talk to him at all.

Sure, it wasn't their fault they didn't talk to him. He only spoke to people he wanted to talk to.

He only spoke to people he wanted to talk to.

Jimin's lips spread into an involuntary smile and his heart began to beat uncomfortably in his chest. Yoongi took the time to talk to him. He even went out of his way, and comfort zone in order to spend time with him. That had to mean something. It just had to.

"What are you smiling about?" Taehyung asked, glancing over at Jimin. Taehyung was doing his homework as he always did at his desk, while Jimin had once again made himself comfortable on Taehyung's bed. They had been at this for hours, everyone was doing their own thing and honestly, Jimin had just assumed no one was paying attention to him.

"Nothing," Jimin responded, running his fingers thoughtfully through his hair. "How's the chem coming?"

"Considering suicide," Taehyung said slowly, finally turning his attention back to his papers. Jimin chuckled and ducked his head to look back at the pillow rested on his lap. A moment later the bed dipped and Jimin looked up to see Namjoon was getting comfortable beside him. As he did, he knocked something off the bed with a loud bang.

Namjoon sighed and stared at the fallen object for a long moment.

"Everything okay?" Jimin addressed. Namjoon dragged his eyes up to smile at Jimin.

"I was going to ask you the same. Don't you have any homework to do?" He asked him. Jimin shrugged and looked away.

"I just have some economics," he explained. The moment that he thought about economics, he thought about Yoongi. He thought about how he looked when he was concentrated on his work, or what he would say to Jimin if he knew that he was putting off his work like this.

That stupid smile crept itself back upon his face, so Jimin shoved it into a pillow and forced a groan.

"I don't want to do homework."

"Sounds like you want to be doing something else instead," Namjoon agreed. Jimin's cheeks warmed against the pillow and he took the change to hesitantly peek back up at the older boy.

If all the boys in the dorm were a team, Namjoon would be the leader.

Ever since they were kids he had always assumed the role of taking care of everyone. If someone felt upset, he was the first to talk to them and check up on them. When any of them got injured he was the first person they told Doctor's to call. If they had a disagreement he was always the one they asked to settle the argument. Jimin has always looked up to him for it and secretly had always tried to be an emotional anchor to others as well as a result of knowing what good it did for their friend group.

Jimin knew that ever since he had first made contact with Yoongi the older boy had been looking out for him. He had been paying a lot of extra attention to him since the first time he mentioned Min Yoongi's interest in him. It was probably about time he settled Namjoon's worries.

"No, I just..." He trailed off for a moment. "I've been having trouble understanding one of the theories in class is all."

"Trouble concentrating for some reason?" Namjoon asked. Jimin shot him a glare.