Chapter Eleven

Finals were next week, and honestly, Jimin can't believe that he was doing this again.

Avoiding Yoongi like the plague the first time made sense. Why wouldn't he avoid him before he knew what he was really like? The next couple times hadn't necessarily been sensible, but they were at least justifiable. This... now this time it was nothing short of ridiculous.

For pretty much all of his life, Jimin had wanted a significant other. One who he could trust to care for him, but also one he wasn't afraid to defend and take care of himself if he so needed. What he had never imagined was that he would find one in Min Yoongi.

He was nice to him. He clearly cared about him. He obviously liked him.

Jimin had been on this road countless times before, and each time he saw red lights. Red lights for as far as the eye could see. For once there was only one light on the road. One, bright, green Min Yoongi light, and instead of going forward as he had with all the others he was running away again.

He buried his head in his hands and groaned loudly.

Was it because he liked Yoongi too much?

The thought in itself scared him.

He had liked every person he had ever dated. He had considered the possibility of being with each and every one of them for a long period of time

But for some reason, Yoongi was different. God, why did Yoongi have to be different?

It wasn't the first time he had necessarily dated. It was, however, the first time anyone had used the label "boyfriend" on him before.

Labels, wow he was such a pussy, was the fact that they were using labels really what was freaking him out? It wasn't anything he was really unused to. He had known a number of people before in the past that he had wanted to use labels with, but they had never reciprocated the feeling.

So why... why did Yoongi feel so calm about using labels with him?

Boyfriends, he had called them boyfriends.

Why had he done that? How had such a simple word thrown Jimin into such an intense spiral into personal emotional trauma?

"Really Jimin? Again?"

Jimin turned around, giving Namjoon a soft glare.

"Look, I know, I know. Avoiding Yoongi again. It's unhealthy and stupid. I was just telling myself the same thing," he replied quickly. He crossed his arms across his chest.

"Am I just being stupid?" He asked. "I should be with Yoongi right now."

"Yeah," Namjoon agreed. "You are just stupid. Go talk to him."

Namjoon lightly smacked Jimin's head. In response, he pouted.

"I will. I will. Just... After exams."

Namjoon rolled his eyes.

"You're ridiculous. Have you thought about winter break? It's not Yoongi's last semester, lucky for you, but you guys live an hour apart. Don't you think that you should figure out you guys' relationship before classes get out?"

Jimin had to admit that he hadn't thought about that at all. After finals this semester it was easy to guess that everyone would get out as fast as possible. Jimin was pretty sure he had to be out of the dorm within a day after finals were out.

"I-" Jimin's words died in his mouth. God, he was an idiot. "You couldn't just let me make my own bad decisions could you?"

"Nah, I prefer to watch you make good ones," Namjoon encouraged. "I happen to know that Yoongi is giving you space so he has been spending time on the fourth floor in the library."
Jimin raised an eyebrow.