Chapter Nineteen

When Jimin said that things fell back to normal as if nothing had ever happened, he truly meant it.

Like a dream, everyone found themselves able to just... Go back to the way they had always been.

Without so much as a passing word or a strange glance. Everyone just accepted the new information they had been provided about Yoongi and Namjoon and everything and went on with life. The only new addition to pop out of the entire debacle was the appearance of Moonbyul in Jimin's everyday life.

She didn't spend all of her time with you guys, which honestly nobody had expected from her, but she still spent more time than most people had thought she would.

Her reunion with the guys had been one of the more heartwarming things that Jimin had experienced since meeting Yoongi. He had hardly ever seen Yoongi smile so largely or get up so fast to greet anyone. He saw her before Namjoon did, and when Namjoon realized what was happening he smiled too, giving Moonbyul a hug.

It was so cute to watch the three go back and forth about things that they used to do together their first year. They'd all poke fun at one another for old habits (and habits that they still partook in), and they spent the longest time just catching up on all of their dreams and hopes for the future. It was so precious.

Jimin found it hard not to smile too goofily as he watched his boyfriend interact with his friends... People he had cared about so much he had risked his everything for. Jimin's hand grasped at Yoongi's and he rested his head on the older boys' shoulder. It made Yoongi look at him every time, no matter what he was doing.

"I love you so much," Jimin would murmur, even though he knew he didn't have to say anything for Yoongi to know that at this point. It still made Yoongi's smile grow just a bit warmer. Jimin knew that he liked to hear those words, that affirmation, and Jimin was more than happy enough to give him at least that.

"I love you too," he would murmur back, his voice just loud enough that Jimin could hear it.

Jimin loved these interactions just a little too much. Not only because of the way they made his heart skip a beat or because of the small little smile that Yoongi would hide with a cough and the back of his hand, but because when they had those moments, they were only for the two of them.

No one else ever noticed the small interactions and made fun of them or anything. They would instead just be little secrets for Jimin and Yoongi to share amongst themselves.

But, anyways, on days like these, when Yoongi was busy with homework, and Jimin had finished all of his he was extremely difficult to handle. Even he knew that was true.

In the past he had been described as clingy, and he knew that some people found it to be a little annoying. He used to try and keep the feelings to himself, but Yoongi always told him to be himself, so recently he had decided to lean right into it.

... Quite literally.

His body was splayed across Yoongi's lap, his arms crossed to prop his head up on the armrest. He was humming softly to himself, nothing important as he played distractedly with his fingers and Yoongi was using his back as a place to set his homework.

They were in Jimin's dorm, as per usual and pretty much everyone was around. Well, except for Moonbyul. She had been busy this week with other obligations and so she was there instead of here.

It felt kind of like it had when they had all first got back to school. Just a bunch of boys, doing homework, and having a good time. In-between more homework of course.

Jin got up from his desk and sighed a bit loudly. Jimin turned his attention to the taller boy and watched as he walked over to Yoongi, setting his hand on his head. Yoongi grunted at the action, his face drawing together tighter in frustration at having been bothered.