Chapter Eight

"Park Jimin!"

Jimin was used to being caught off-guard in Economics. For one, it was the only class that he had with Min Yoongi, which meant he was often left feeling flushed or nervous, but normally it was only ever a Yoongi related situation that made him jump.

He was smiling at Yoongi and had been for a while since the boy had drifted off to sleep part way through class and had been trying to figure out a way to wake him up when suddenly he was startled by the sound of a girl screaming his name. He wrinkled his nose and saw Jihyo standing on her chair, her hands on her hips looking somewhat annoyed.

Jimin noticed her friend from before had her head hidden from beneath her hands. He wondered why.

"Jihyo?" He asked softly. She pointed at him with her right hand.

"You haven't had dinner with us since the beginning of the year," she said angrily. "Eat dinner with us tonight."

Jimin glanced at Yoongi. His head was still rested on the table, but his eyes were open and rested on Jimin. He pressed his lips together when their gazes met. Jimin shrugged towards him and looked back at Jihyo.

"Okay."

Jihyo looked surprised by his immediate okay, but after only a moment she smiled.

"Great!"

"Just let me get my things," Jimin said to her giving her a short wave. She nodded and as she climbed down from her chair. He looked at Yoongi and raised an eyebrow.

"You going to come too?" He asked conversationally. Yoongi pretended to consider it.

"Yeah, cause I'm that kind of person," Yoongi agreed with a roll of his eyes. He lifted his head and stretched his arms up into the air. "But you have fun on your date."

Jimin laughed and turned to grab his backpack from the back of his chair. When he turned around to grab his phone he found that instead of being on the desk it was in Yoongi's hand. Yoongi flashed him a toothy look that couldn't quite be described as a grin.

"You have a facebook grandpa?"

Jimin's eyebrows furrowed together. Facebook again? He never got facebook notifications.

"I don't use it," he responded, he reached out his hand silently asking for his phone back, and Yoongi gave it to him without question. He deleted the notifications from his phone and made a mental note to check out the app later. "See you hyung."

Yoongi waved instead of speaking, and honestly Jimin didn't mind that at all.

He turned towards Jihyo and found the group of kids gathered at the front of the classroom. It was the usual crowd of eight students, most of which Jimin didn't really know all that well. They didn't seem to have noticed that Jimin was with Yoongi, so Jimin went and joined the group without a word. Jihyo smiled at him.

"Alright! We're going to eat at Brody, you live in that neighborhood don't you?" Jihyo asked as she ran her fingers through her hair. Jimin nodded silently, a small smile settled on his lips. She continued to talk and as she did the whole group began to move forward. At first, she just talked about class, school, and life in general. She asked about who Jimin usually spent time with and eventually floated the conversation to others topics with other people. Jimin fell into the back of the group and sort of lost himself in the flow. He was honestly barely even paying attention to the others. He was just enjoying the way that everyone spoke and conversed with one another, and the way that Jihyo smiled and dragged Jonghyeon into the conversation with the rest of them. It was all going pretty well when Jonghyun suddenly leaned across the table and gestured for everyone else to lean in as well.