Chapter 14

Before saying goodbye to Yoongi the night before Jimin joked that he would see Yoongi in the morning.

Yoongi had laughed at that, saying that he would absolutely be there, to which Jimin barely prevented himself from saying that if he was then gee, it would be just like they were married.

Even though it was just a joke, even though it wasn't real, Jimin felt warm and happy. Yoongi was really domestic. God, he really liked being so domestic with someone.

So naturally, when he woke up and Yoongi wasn't there, he couldn't help but feel a small tinge of disappointment.

He rolled over to look at his phone screen, but the only text that he had was from Taehyung asking him if he was free later this week. He sighed and typed out a quick response.

He considered staying in bed late. He had really hoped Yoongi would be here this morning. It was so weird to have to eat breakfast all alone, and he had been excited to eat it with Yoongi.

God, he wasn't even hungry.

As if to just contradict himself, Jimin's stomach let out a low growl.

He buried his face into his pillow in frustration and sat up crisscrossed in his bed. He was trying to think of something he could make to start off the day. He was tired of cereal, but that was about all that there was to eat for breakfast around here when a sudden scent caught his attention.

Was it... Pancakes?

He scrunched his nose and got to his feet, following the smell to the kitchen.

In some households, it was common to wake up in the morning to the smell of breakfast, but not in Jimin's. His mom left for work too early to make breakfast, and his dad was a disaster in the kitchen so he couldn't believe that he was smelling anything resembling a delicious morning treat.

A glance into the kitchen and he could make out the shape of his brother. He sighed.

"Jihyun, please don't tell me that you are trying to make breakf-" Jimin stopped cold when he realized that someone else was in the kitchen. Both of them turned to look at him.

It was... It was Yoongi.

"Good morning," Yoongi said politely. "We made pancakes."

Jimin wasn't sure what to say, so instead, he looked at his brother, expecting any sort of explanation that he could provide. Jihyun shrugged.

"Your friend came over with chocolate chips saying he wanted to make pancakes, so I let him in," he explained. He hopped up onto the counter. "We've been bounding. He's pretty cool."

Jimin walked up to Yoongi and peered over his shoulder, looking at the cooking batter.

As he stood there he felt a wave of exhaustion run over him. He really hadn't slept enough the night before. He rested his head on Yoongi's shoulder and rolled his head against the older boys.

Yoongi glanced at Jimin's sleepy face and gave him a half-smile. Under his breath, too quiet for anyone else to hear he murmured: "You're so cute. Domestic."

Then before Jimin could answer to try and defend his reddening cheeks, Yoongi added, rather loudly: "No homo though."

Jimin pulled back and smacked Yoongi's arm, only to be met with a big goofy smile.

Ha, who was the immature one in this relationship again?

"I'm going to go get dressed," he said instead of humoring Yoongi's jab. "And when I get back you better be gone."