Chapter Thirteen

It was weird to be back home.

It had only been a few months, but already Jimin was used to the college life. Walking and busing to class, being responsible for his own well-being, being around all different people. It was a whole new environment, an entirely new world.

But back at home, it was just everything that he had always grown up with.

It was just... Home.

Jimin rolled over in his bed and stared at his phone blankly.

He had been home for almost a week now and he still hadn't gotten a single message from Yoongi. He hadn't seen anyone since he got home. All the others were just too busy working to spend any time with him already and so he had only really seen his family.

There wasn't anything wrong with that, he loved his family, but he missed his friends.

Jimin turned off his phone and sighed.

"I miss Yoongi," he murmured aloud.

"Who's Yoongi?"

Jimin looked up, surprised to find his younger brother leaning in the door frame staring at him with an amused expression.

His brother was Jungkook's age and the spitting image of Jimin... So everyone said. Jimin quite honestly couldn't see the resemblance, but so few siblings ever did. They got confused for twins so often it was almost tiring.

"A friend," Jimin replied. "Shouldn't you be at school?"

"Eh," Jihyun responded with a sigh. "Why do you miss this 'Yoongi', he not in town?"

"He is," Jimin replied. "But he hasn't texted me or anything yet."

Jihyun laughed and sat down on Jimin's bed next to him, he nudged Jimin up, to which Jimin obliged, wrapping his blanket around his body dumbly.

"Why don't you text him? It's not like you're dating or something, you have nothing to lose," Jihyun replied with a roll of his eyes. Jimin couldn't help the surge of panic that ran through his body.

"I mean, if we were dating, would that be clingy? Like if my girlfriend just kept texting me before I texted her would that be clingy?" He asked nervously. Jihyun's expression turned skeptical.

"Did you finally get yourself a girlfriend?" He asked. Another wave of panic. Jimin's family was nice enough, but he was still scared of telling his brother the truth.

"Yeah, actually, she's my friend Yoongi's sister... Yoonji," he explained. He felt bad about lying. He looked at his brother, who was totally falling for this lie, trying to ignore the big, hot knot of guilt forming in his stomach. Of course, he had no reason to lie about it. They hadn't had a good relationship before they went off to college.

It wasn't awful, but they didn't really talk about things like who they liked and stuff.

He couldn't tell Jihyun he was gay. Not yet anyway. It wasn't really a big deal, Jihyun didn't care about that kind of stuff it just... What if he didn't like Yoongi?

Jimin didn't know what he would do if his brother didn't like Yoongi. Who cared if it was just some passing girlfriend. Someone who Jimin didn't care that much for? This was Yoongi, this was Yoongi. Jihyun had to like him before he knew they were dating because it had to be genuine. He had to actually like Yoongi.

So Jimin couldn't tell him. Not yet.

Not that it even mattered, because Yoongi was making no effort to come hang out with him anyways.

"Well, Yoonji and Yoongi are in town, and I told Yoonji that we would hang out but I haven't texted her yet... She texted me and asked if we were still going to hang out, but isn't that like... Clingy or something?" Jimin asked unsurely. Jihyun looked away from Jimin and thought it over.