Chapter 1

Family.
A noun.
A group consisting of  parents, children, and other relatives living together in a household.
In other words, the closeness of a friend who loves and cares about you.

Cress's P.O.V.
~Flashback~

  My wife and I were watching our little girl play on the slide. My brothers are also here. Iris, Cilan's wife is here. Chili's girlfriend, Emma, well soon-to-be-fiancé, is also here. This morning, Chili pulled Cilan and I into a room the fields weren't in and told us he'd propose tonight.
My daughter has grown up so much in these last four years... It seems like only yesterday I held her for the first time. Same with my brothers, I mean, who am I kidding? I have a beautiful wife and daughter. Cilan married Iris, and then there's ChilI. He isn't only the youngest, he's the craziest. But we still love him all the same. He also has an amazing girlfriend. Life couldn't be better... so I thought. Now thinking back on it. If I would've know what would happen I would've never suggested the park.
Later that evening Cilan was walking around the park holding Coral's hand. Her waist long blue hair swaying calmly in the wind. Her purple eyes looking at the slide she was pointing at. They looked so happy together. Chili and Emma we're sitting on a bench talking with Chili occasionally giving her a kiss on her small nose. Emma's dark brown hair was braided. Iris was reading a book under the shade of a tree, every now and then looking up at Cilan and Coral. Violet knows how to dress Coral so well. I guess that's what happens when you grow up in Kalos. Coral was wearing a blue dress with a yellow bow on the back. Violet and I are sitting on a bench, my arm around her, holding hands. She looked so beautiful in her simple pastel pink blouse with a black skirt. Her brown hair in a low Ponyta tail. But no one would've ever guessed it would be the last time.
I looked away from Violet to see Cilan holding Coral, looking around worriedly. He started to walk towards me. I got up and met him halfway. I then made the worst mistake of my life, leaving Violet on that bench...
"Cilan, is everything okay?" I asked.
"Cress, I feel like something bad is going to happen. I smell a sour aroma." Cilan said with worry lacing his words. Just then I started to smell smoke. I took Coral out of Cilan's arms. Iris, Chili, and Emma were racing towards us.
"What's going on?" Chili asked confused.
"We need to get out of here." Cilan said. Then we saw it. The fire was all around us.
"Simipour, water gun!" I yelled. Simipour came out of the play tunnel and engulfed the flames with water.
"Daddy, whwts gowing on?" Coral asked with her big purple eyes staring into my blue ones.
  "Nothing, it's fine my little wave," I said as I kissed the top of her head.
"Daddy, where's mommwy?" Coral asked. I looked over to the bench where Violet and I were previously sitting, nothing. Panicked, I threw Coral into Chili's arms and ran frantically searching the whole park. Every hidden place we had went, nothing. I looked trough the woods. Then I saw her, my Violet was lying on the ground. Her Gardivor was kneeling over her. Her body was burnt and a mess. I check for a pulse, but none was ever found. Gardivor looked at me, crying. Gardivor handed me an egg, then lied down next to its trainer and too its final breath. I let out a scream.
I took off my bed and carefully wrapped it around her. I was kneeling on the ground, not caring in the slightest about my clothes. I pulled out my Pokèmon and dialed Iris's number.
"Hello?" The voice if Iris asked.
"Iris, take everyone home," I said in the sternest voice I could muster.
"Okay, see you at home." Iris said hanging up. I put my phone down and cried over my dead wife's body.

Cilan's P.O.V.

"Okay, see you at home," Iris hung up her Pokèpod.
"Is everything okay?" I asked nervousness coating each of my words since I thought I heard a scream.
"Cress just said take everyone home. He didnt day anything else." My purple haired wife said.
"Then let's do that!" Chili said.
"Down pwease Uncwe Chiwi?" Coral asked.
"Sure, Chili Jr." Chili said putting her down. Her blue dress flowed in the wind. The yellow bow in the back followed in sync with the other fabric.
Everyone started to walk back to the gym/house, I was holding Iris's hand while Chili and Emma were holding hands with Coral.

N's P.O.V.

Poor Coral. She has no idea what's going to happen. I hope they at least help her understand what's going on. I wish I could help. Though after the whole thing with Cilan, Iris, and, what was his name? Ashley? No, Ash that was it! Right, Ash. So I don't think I'm welcomed anywhere near Coral. Arceus, please have her be okay. Though what can I do? I'm just sitting in a tree away from everything.

Cress's P.O.V.

I had called professionals to help me figure out what to do. They took her away to get her ready for the funeral. It would be in three days. I slowly walked home with my head down.

•••

There you have it! What did I tell you about not getting attached to Violet! 😂 Don't worry, I'm not that mean... I think. Comment your thoughts and if you have any questions let me know!
            -CFTS