Kanojo Wa Shinda

The room was a mess. It looked as if Paula was thinking with the frustration that lied within her. There were shoes, and clothes thrown everywhere. Her window was wide open. The bed was pushed over, and her dresser was pushed over to. The TV screen was busted, and had a hammer in it. She might have thrown the hammer, if anything. There were yellow mustard stains all over the walls, and that added to the stench of the room. There was broken glass shattered all over the place, and tons of used tissues. A miasma of stale alcohol hung around her like a marsh of gas. She must have used a large amount of drugs, because there were pills thrown all over the floor. The pills mixed with the glass, just as milk blends with cereal. Noodle's eyes widened, her mouth hung open, and the tightness in her chest felt like a bear hug, keeping oxygen from getting to her lungs. This was out of a nightmare. This couldn't be happening. Yeah, she didn't like Paula, but she didn't want her dead body hanging in the same house she lived in. No one deserved to die, such a death like this. Her eyes had closed with a stillness. Her body was starting to decay, but Noodle was still in her 30 seconds of shock. She could smell the rotten flesh. It is a smell you will never forget, it will never leave your nose or your brain..It burns all the way down, your eyes will water. And each time you think of the smell your brain will recall it, and you will smell it all over again. The smell of a dead body, is something that will never escape her nose, or mind. Ever.

Paula Cracker is dead. There's no way to bring her selfish soul back to life. Her lifeless body swung, slightly back, and forth from the thin rope that gripped her neck. Noodle looked around the room, and started to panic. "SHE'S DEAD," Noodle screeched. 2D jumped at the sound of her light voice. "Huh? What? Who died?" he called back.

"OH MY GOD," Noodle said as she fell to her knees.She couldn't bring herself to cry, but it was enough to startle the mess out of her. 2D was quite puzzled at the moment, so he slowly walked upstairs. "Noodle?" he yelled. "Where are you luff'?" he yelled again.

Noodle was sitting with her feet tucked against her torso, and she was rocking in one motion. She kept whispering to herself, “This isn't happening. She's alive, and she's back at home.” She repeated this over, and over. Trying to force herself to think that was really happening, wasn't the way to go about it. Noodle couldn't vent it out of her mind. She couldn't think straight. Not even enough to reply to 2D, before he reached the room. 2D was in a nervous blur, that made his body tremble. He didn't know what to expect, as he walked down the hall. He finally reached the room, and all he could do is stare at Paula. His eyes turned white, and his body turned pale. He started to shake, as he glared at Noodle. His eyes were welcomed to see Noodle, still rocking her body, and whispering things to herself. There wasn't a thing in the world they could do. They didn't have any words to express this. They seemed to only stare at her body. The smell was quite revolting, but it didn't bother them at the moment. 

"N-n-noods..."

"This isn't happening. This isn't happening."

"...."

"It's not!"

"Noodle?"

"La la la la la!"

"Um.. are- you, okay?"

"Why...why!?"

"Noodle, calm down," he slowly bent this large legs down to pick Noodle up. He gripped her trembling body, and carried her wedding style. She wrapped her arms around him, as he backed up to close the door. His eyes were still white, and milky. The hallway was unusually clear. A large burst of air, flew through the hall. This sent a chill down Noodle's spine. They were both speechless. His head dropped, and he stared at the end of Noodle's shoes. He didn't cry, because he didn't have the urge to. There really wasn't anything lurking in his soul, but utter shock. He carried Noodle down the hall, and past the stairs. He was sniffling, as his nose turned red. He picked up his phone, and slowly closed the door. He walked back into the empty hallway, and made his way down the stairs, then into the living room. He set Noodle on the couch, and walked into the kitchen.

"Gomen'nasai. Kanojo ga shindanode, watashi wa chōdo, kowagarada."

"Noodle, I hav' no idea wha' you're sayin'..." 

"Da'mare!"

"What?"

"....."

"S-sorry.. I just.."

"Noods, I understan' it's okay"

"Domo..."

2D sat down in the kitchen until his phone turned on. Noodle was still freaking out, and she occasionally started speaking Japanese out of shock. She always does this when things get serious. It's like her mind has over-whelmed itself. His phone finally turned on properly, so he called Murdoc. 

"Hi... uh.. Murdoc?"

"What in the bloody Hell do you want lad?"

"Paula, she's um.. dead."

"What!?"

"Come ova', and just see for yourself"

Murdoc hung up the phone slightly after 2D was finished speaking. The shock was wearing off of 2D, but seemed to only get worse for Noodle. 2D looked at Noodle, and grew concerned. She was still shaking, and turning red. He walked down the hall, and found her red blanket. He slowly sat down next to her, and wrapped it around her. He wiggled his way under it with her, and snuggled her as tightly as he could. Noodle looked at him, and started blushing. After he did this, she started to calm down. There wasn't any use in freaking out, so they just stuck together. 

"2D, is everything going to be okay?"

"Yes luv' everythin's gonna be okay"

"Promise?"

Their eyes met, and a chill smacked Noodle down her back. He leaned in slowly, kissed her soft lips. An explosion of total peace and serenity overwhelmed them both. The true meaning of life, the love, and the utter wonder on both of there faces, hoping this night would never end. Knowing that for both of them, this may be the last time to prove there melancholy love, so strong, so deep, and yet so sad to never want to let go, to the meaning of life. They both moved their faces away, and made direct eye contact again.

"Noodle, I honestly love you."

"I love you to."

He gripped her body, and hugged her again. He shifted his face towards her ear, and nuzzled her a bit. "F'is has made us stronger," he said as he let go of her. She looked down, then back up at him. She smiled, then got teary eyed.

"Is this my fault? Am I the reason she's dead?"

"No one knows.. I'm sure it's not."

Murdoc ran inside, and looked at 2D. "She's dead!? What?! Where is she?"

"In your old room," he said as he looked down at the floor.

"Woah!" he ran into the room she was in, and stared at her body. He carefully walked over to her dead body. He pulled her hair out of her face, and pulled her eyes open. "Paula?" Murdoc seemed to have more interest in her when she was dead, rather than when she was alive. Not saying that's a bad thing, because we all know how Murdoc is.

There wasn't a reply. 

Murdoc walked back downstairs, and sat on the floor.

"Well, what do we do?" Noodle said softly as glared at Murdoc.

"I dunno..."

"Me neither, well we should call 911"

"B-but I don' like flashin' lights.." 2D started shaking, and his eyes turned white again. Noodle looked at him, and gave him a weird look.

"Uhh.. okay."

"Okay? Well we have to do something. She did kill herself, ya'know?"

Noodle walked into the kitchen, and grabbed the house phone. She carefully dialed 911, so they could take her dead body away. 2D wasn't in total shock anymore, and it wasn't like he loved her. He loved Noodle, but still couldn't wrap his mind around how to express it quite yet. Noodle sat back down next to 2D, and grabbed his hand.

"They'll be here soon."

"Okay, whatever," Murdoc spoke as ruffled his hair. A few minutes went by before they got here. There was a knock at the door, and Murdoc answered it. The paramedics rushed in, and retrieved Paula's body from the room.