04

Jisung sinks down into the armchair in the corner of Jeno's study. He rubs his face in his hands, feeling drained of all energy. He wonders how long he's been gone for and if Jeno and the others were still here. Part of him wasn't sure he really cared at the current moment. He was too exhausted to be bothered to check.

To his surprise, he distinctly hears faint murmurs coming from the hall, outside. They become louder and more audible until, suddenly, the door opens.

"I'm just saying, if Taeyong sent him straight here, he should be here by n-"

Two boys come to an abrupt halt just as they enter the room. They stare at Jisung a moment before they seem to process his presence.

"Jisung! You're home!" the first chimes happily with a smile spread across his face.

"Jeno? You're still...human?" Jisung asks with utter confusion.

"Yeah, I...Taeyong didn't tell you what happened, did he?" Jeno inquires.

"No, he didn't," Jisung confirms, "Is...is Jaemin..."

Silence ensues for a brief moment before a third party casually enters into the room and wriggles between Jeno and Donghyuck so that they stand between them.

"Someone say my name?" he hums.

"Jaemin? You're alive?" Jisung asks with much surprise in his tone, "Wait, are you alive? Or are you a-"

"I'm alive, surprisingly," Jaemin responds, "Did Taeyong not-"

"No he did not," Jisung sighs in an exasperated manner.

"Oh, then I'm guessing you're not aware of the Chenle situation," Jaemin asks.

"Jaemin! Not now!" Jeno hisses quietly.

"What? What happened to Chenle?" Jisung questions as his heartbeat elevates.

"Taeyong told us you-"

"What happened to Chenle?" Jisung cries out, ignoring Jeno's attempt at changing the subject. The three boys standing on the other side of the room all look to one another with weary expressions which makes Jisung uneasy.

"Jisung, he..." Jeno starts, but trails off due to his inability to speak what he had to say.

"Taeyong was supposed to send Chenle down to Earth to help us, but..." Donghyuck mumbles.

"But what?" Jisung asks in a demanding tone.

"Jisung, it's...it's been eight days."