06

⊱ ───── { Jeno } ───── ⊰

Jeno's feet clomp against the cement road as he nears the town line. Foresting surrounds either side of the road which he travels down like a speeding bullet. He makes a sharp turn into the trees and continues to run, making sure to dodge between them as to not run into any.

He gets to a small clearing and comes to a halt. He listens closely to the night air for any sound cues. Fortunately for him, he doesn't have to listen too long. A harsh snap of a twig alerts him of the presence of another, just as he suspected. He extends his arm out to the left and forms his hand into a C-shape. A figure flies into his grasp, and Jeno tightens his grip around their neck. Jeno snaps his head to come face to face with the figure and sneers.

"Did you really think you could escape?" Jeno asks in a low, taunting voice.

"No," the boy responds, "I was hoping you'd catch me."

Jeno snarls bitterly and tightens his grip even further on the boy. He chokes wildly for several long seconds until Jeno abruptly throws him to the ground.

"What the fuck do you want, Yangyang?" Jeno hisses.

Yangyang takes a moment to catch his breath as he gasps wildly. He coughs loudly, almost to the point of over exaggeration. When he finally can breathe properly, he looks up at Jeno, his eyes glowing ruby red.

"Word circulating Hell is you betrayed your father for an angel. How does it feel being the most disgraced person in both Heaven and Hell?" he asks with a smirk.

"I asked what you wanted, not for pointless bullshit chitchat," Jeno snaps.

Yangyang slowly gets onto his feet and faces Jeno.

"I'm sure you're aware that your father is furious," he states.

"Yes, I am," Jeno responds snappily.

"Well, so is Xiaojun," Yangyang informs him.

"Big fucking deal," Jeno blows him off.

"It is. Your father can't come up here and raise hell, but Xiaojun...well...let's just say he's already here, and he's got a real big score to settle with you and Jisung," Yangyang grunts.

"And?" Jeno questions, "I'm not particularly threatened by him."

"You broke the prophecy, Jeno. What was supposed to happen never did. Not entirely, anyway. If you think you're safe just because you managed to seal Hell back up and become an angel, you're completely wrong," he responds.

"How?" Jeno barks at him irritably.

"Xiaojun and your father knew all along that they couldn't be the ones to harm the boy. Now that nothing is stopping them or leading them to believe there's any hope in your rise as the antichrist..." Yangyang trails off.

"There's no way in Hell they could possibly do anything to him now. He's developed his powers as an angel already, and he has me, Jisung, and three other angels at his side to protect him. If Xiaojun thinks for one second he could lay one finger on his hea-"

"You mean Donghyuck, Mark, and Chenle?" Yangyang asks, and Jeno's expression hardens, "Let me ask you one thing: do you know what ever happened to Chenle?"

Jeno lunges towards Yangyang, shoving him into the nearest tree and holding him up by fistfuls of his shirt.

"What did that rat do to him?" Jeno hisses.

"Woahwoahwoah, calm down, tiger. You're acting pretty malevolent for an angel," Yangyang says in a nonchalant manner.

"Don't mistake my title, I won't hesitate to make you suffer if you don't tell me what Xiaojun is up to," Jeno mutters through his teeth.

"That's not very angelic of you," Yangyang points out with a faint chuckle.

"Tell me what he's done to Chenle!" Jeno bellows.

"I don't know what he's done to him. I only know his plan was to intercept and capture Chenle before he reached you guys. What he's done since then is beyond me. I only know what goes on in Hell."

"Is he going to hurt him?" Jeno interrogates aggressively.

"I don't know," Yangyang insists, "But I suggest you start getting prepared for the worst. Xiaojun has a vendetta, and I don't think he'll stop until blood is shed."

"What is he planning?" Jeno yells, but Yangyang suddenly freezes. His eyes widen as he looks off into the distance, somewhere beyond Jeno.

"I've got to go. Your father calls," Yangyang announces hastily before suddenly being enveloped in a cloud of thick, black smoke.

"Fuck!" Jeno hisses. He punches the tree which Yangyang had previously been pinned against and growls angrily.

He may have lost Yangyang, but he now has a lead as to where Chenle is. Now he's left with an important question to ponder: how will he find him?