21

⊱ ─── { Jaemin } ─── ⊰

Jaemin hears harsh pounding at his front door from his kitchen where he'd been attempting to get a glass of water for when his aunt wakes up. He immediately takes off towards the front door, praying he could get to it in time before it wakes his aunt. Unfortunately, the second he reaches the door, dread washes over him like a tidal wave. He hesitates reaching for the doorknob as he prays to Taeyong that it isn't his aunt's boyfriend, again.

The man was tall and bulked up with a buzz cut. He hasn't been around long-much like most men his aunt dates-but he recalls him gloating about his status as the chief of police, and between his arrogance and cruel treatment towards Jaemin, it left a fairly lasting impression on the boy. Normally his aunt's boyfriends neglected to even so much as glance Jaemin's way, but it was as if this man was particularly keen to the idea of sadism. He had never seriously injured Jaemin, but he did push and shove him a lot. Especially if he found himself in the man's way.

Deciding prolonging opening the door would only make things worse, Jaemin hastily unlocks it and opens it up to a very familiar boy with white hair in a pair of black sweatpants and a plain black t-shirt. He grins widely at Jaemin, and Jaemin lets out a deep sigh of relief before, yet again, his stress level spikes.

"Jeno, for the love of god, why are you here?" Jaemin glances around the street behind the boy, "I told you earlier-"

"I wanted to see you," Jeno remarks smoothly, stepping closer to him.

Jaemin gazes into his eyes, feeling oddly mesmerized by them in a way he never felt before. They were almost hypnotizing. Before he even realizes it, Jeno was mere centimetres from his face.

"This is dangerous," Jaemin points out as his eyes drop to Jeno's soft-looking lips, "Someone could see us."

Despite knowing what he was saying was true, Jaemin can't find it in him to turn Jeno away like he usually could, should the situation call for it.

"Let them," Jeno murmurs before his lips collide into Jaemin's in a fairly forceful manner.

The kiss is not gentle. It is not passionate, nor needy. It is oddly lustful and extremely empty; very much unlike how Jeno usually kisses him or expresses his affection. Something about it causes Jaemin's stomach to tie in discomforting knots.

Jaemin takes small steps backwards into his house, expecting Jeno to let them part, but this is not the case. He follows Jaemin, refusing to let their lips part for even a single second. When both are inside, he swiftly kicks the door shut, and allows for them to be hidden from view of neighbours and passers by. Jeno runs one hand through Jaemin's freshly dyed hair and uses the other to pull him closer, his lips pressing even harder into Jaemin's. Suddenly, he takes the younger's bottom lip in between his teeth and bites down.

Much harder than he should have.

Jaemin yelps in pain and jerks back. His hand flies up over his mouth, pressing his fingers over where he was bitten. He stares at Jeno with wide eyes, unbelieving that he would hurt him like that. He pulls his fingers away and finds traces of blood covering the pads of his first three fingers. It isn't a substantial amount, but still enough to throw Jaemin into a state of shock.

As if Jeno couldn't confuse him any further, he takes his hand and laps up the crimson liquid in a very oddly slow manner. It was like he was savouring the taste of it.

Was this some sort of half-demon thing, or a vaguely disturbing Jeno thing?

Jaemin didn't want to think about it. He isn't sure he wants to know the answer.

"Jeno, what the fuck is going on?" Jaemin yanks his hand away.

But Jeno doesn't answer. He instead pounces foreward, catching Jaemin's lips in yet another rough kiss.

Jaemin can feel an intense motion sickness start to overtake him whilst his head spins, unable to get a grip on the situation. It was like he was being spun around a thousand times in a swivel chair. Before long, he finds himself breaking away from Jeno and sprinting off into the kitchen. He hovers over the stainless steel sink and begins aggressively vomiting into it. He can practically feel the stomach acid burning his esophagus as it comes up, and it's the most agonizing occurrence of vomiting he had ever encountered in his life. Which he finds extremely puzzling considering he was perfectly fine before coming into contact with Jeno.

After several waves of puke spew out of him, he drops to the floor.

"Jaemin!" Jeno cries out as he rushes to his side from his idle stance in the doorway of the kitchen.

Jaemin blinks slowly as his eyes fixate on Jeno. Splotches of blood cover his chin, and the sight nauseates Jaemin. His adverts his gaze and instead opts to close his eyes completely while taking laboured breaths.

"I'm...tired," he whispers, "You n-need...to...go..."

"I can't just leave you like this!" Jeno objects.

"Please..." Jaemin pleads, "Before my...my aunt...sees you."

Too weak to will himself to stay awake, Jaemin is quickly consumed by darkness, enveloped in the comforting feeling of deep rest.