43

Jeno shuts his eyes tightly as he tumbles down the slope, stopping only once his body slams harshly into a concrete wall as if he was a rag doll.

"Ah fuck!" Jeno hisses as he takes his head into his hands and curls up into a ball for a moment while he waits for his head to stop spinning.

He rolls off of his side and shifts himself onto his hands and knees, groaning loudly. He struggles to get back on his feet, wobbling severely and nearly falling twice while trying his best to regain some of his balance. Jeno determines it is best to wait a few moments and lean against the concrete wall before continuing on. During this time, he looks around for some sort of indication of a way out. Though Jeno doesn't notice it at first due to the pitch black darkness of the pit he seemingly landed himself in, he eventually realizes that there is a faint red glow coming from an opening just a mere few feet away from him. He hobbles towards it, finding it oddly difficult to walk straight. Still, he continues on and follows the light into a new room.

As Jeno comes to find, the glowing red light is radiating from a flickering red candle placed on a table not far from the threshold in which Jeno passes through to the inside of the new room. The candle is between two champagne glasses, filled to the brim with the fizzing drink. A face lowers down into view for a split second before blowing the candle out and engulfing the room in darkness. Although Jeno saw who it was, the face does not register in his brain.

Suddenly, a round light turns on overhead, covering the room with a blanket of deep scarlet red. It was less of a normal light to see with: rather, it was mood lighting.

"You made it," a soothing voice remarks, "I thought you'd never show up."

Jeno's eyes finally rest on a boy with a wide, toothy smile and large eyes that appear so innocent, yet hold a stare that manages to strike Jeno to his core. He is wearing a suit much similar to his own, complete with a black monochromatic look.

"I'm here now, baby," Jeno mumbles as he fails to hold back a smile.

Jaemin slinks towards him, the glasses of champagne in either hand. He extends one out for Jeno to take, and without the faintest inkling of a question, he takes it.

"This calls for a celebration, doesn't it?" Jaemin asks, "I mean...You've come all this way to save me. It's only right I...thank you, somehow."

Jeno chortles, barely catching a word Jaemin was saying. He can hear him, but he can't seem to properly process much of what he is being told. His focus is merely occupied solely by Jaemin's existence before him. Nothing else. Still, his eyes wander past Jaemin and spot an excessively large bed that resembled the one which Jeno owns. He tries to think straight, but the only thought he can properly form is 'what?'.

Suddenly, Jaemin pulls Jeno in close and smashes his lips into the latter's. Something was very different about this kiss, but Jeno could not put his finger on what. Certainly he didn't care enough to concentrate thoroughly on determining what was different. Instead, he dismisses it and allows his hazy brain to go completely blank as it has been trying to do since the drug kicked in.

Jaemin grabs his tie and tugs harshly on it.

"You took LCF while you were with those greedy bastards, didn't you?" Jaemin grunts as he brushes his nose against Jeno's, "I can smell it on you."

"Huh?" Jeno snickers as he fails at responding in a serious manner.

"You're at the giggling phase...Hm...then it looks like we have a bit longer until the true euphoria hits," Jaemin mumbles as he dips his head down and kisses the crook of his neck, "It'll get really fun once the hallucinations hit."