Chapter 2

Mudpaw opened his eyes blearily, and for a minuet he couldn't figure out where he was. Once he realised this the apprentices den, and he would be going round camp today he felt a jolt of excitement. Mudpaw scrabbled onto his feet and hastily made his way to the exit, nearly toppling over one of the other apprentices in the process.

"Hey watch it Mudpaw!" Jetpaw hissed.
"Sorry!" Mudpaw replied quickly.
"You better be." Jetpaw spat stalking out the apprentices den.
"Hey, don't worry about Jetpaw." A voice said behind Mudpaw, "he gets grumpy when he's tired, just ignore him."
"Thanks Dawnpaw." Mudpaw replied feeling a little shy.
"No problem." Dawnpaw smiled before slipping out the den after Jetpaw.

Mudpaw looked behind him to be where Lillypaw was begging to stir, Silverpaw was still asleep, and from the looks of it Duskpaw had left a long time before them.

"Hey Mudpaw." Lillypaw mewed sleepily.
"Hey Lillypaw. Would you like to go get some fresh kill?"
"Sure." Lillypaw stretched, yawning and then followed Mudpaw out of the apprentices den.

Mudpaw looked around camp and spotted Greystripe discussing something with Mistystar. It looked a little serious, but Mudpaw decided it couldn't be that bad, else Mistystar would've said something in the clan meeting. Maybe she'd had a message from the Starclan? That made the most sense to Mudpaw, despite the fact she was more likely to bring it up to Jayfeather than her father.

He picked a sparrow out of the fresh kill pile, sitting down next to Lillypaw. Brightflame and Halfmoon soon joining them.

"Morning." Brightflame greeted taking a bite of her rabbit.
"Hi," Both apprentices greeted.
"We were thinking about taking you two, and Silverpaw around camp today. How does that sound?"
"Great!" Lillypaw chirped.
"Silverpaw's still asleep." Mudpaw chuckled taking another bite of his sparrow.
"Well," Brightflame replied stretching, "I guess I'll have to wake her up then. Once you two finish your food we'll heading out so hurry up!"
"Okay!" Lillypaw called after her, quickly eating the rest of her breakfast.

After a few moments Silverpaw came bounding outside, Brightflame following behind her. Mudpaw stood, Lillypaw excitedly going over to natter to her den-mate.

"Where are we going to go first?" Silverpaw inquired quickly once they'd walked out of camp.
"We're going to go to the river first."
"Awesome!" Silverpaw exaggerated. Mudpaw chuckled quietly at his sisters antics. He looked around the forest in awe whilst they walked. This was the first time Mudpaw had been let out of camp and he'd never realised just how beautiful and large Riverclan really was.

Mudpaw jumped surprised as he bumped into Silverpaw, having been to busy admiring the forest to notice his clanmates had come to a stop. Silverpaw yowled surprised and backed up quickly, rocks tumbling down the slope as she did so.

"Careful." Halfmoon warned, a small smile pulling on her face.
"Sorry!" Mudpaw replied a little embarrassed. He edged a little closer and saw the water rushing below him. Mudpaw jumped as a startled fish leaped out.

"So," Brightflame mewed, "What can you smell?" Mudpaw paused drinking in the scents around him.
"Fish."
"I can smell vole." Lillypaw replied.
"I can just smell Riverclan cats." Silverpaw replied staring at the stream in wonder.

"Well, fancy seeing you here Halfmoon." Silverpaw shot her head up just as surprised as Mudpaw to see a jet black tom standing on the other side of the river. The tom chuckled.

"Sorry, did I make you jump?"
"Don't worry Nightsong. We're just taking the new apprentices around the territory." Halfmoon replied smiling.
"Ahh, yes. Me and Loudbelly have been taking Hazelpaw around the territory too. I veered of to renew some of the boarder marks."
"I suppose you wouldn't want to keep them waiting. I'll see you at the gathering, then?"
"Of course." The warriors dipped there heads to each other.
"Come one," Halfmoon mewed flicking her tail, "there's still much more of the territory to see."

Silverpaw scrabbled off the floor racing after Mudpaw's mentor, Lillypaw not too far behind. Mudpaw watched the cat disappear into his territory a little curious, before racing after his clan-mates.

Halfmoon and Brightflame led them past the back of their territory, and Brightflame had told them they where just heading up to the Shadowclan boarder.

Halfmoon stopped. "Follow us slowly." She warned.
"Why?" Mudpaw asked a little afraid.
"Yuck! What's that smell?" Silverpaw asked wrinkling her nose in disgust. Lillypaw turned back to face the strange path just past the bushes. Lillypaw squinted her eyes, ignoring whatever Halfmoon was saying. It was probably important, but she'd spotted something much more interesting.

There was someone on the other side of the path. They where large and broad-shouldered, but Lillypaw didn't think they were a cat. That was odd. Lillypaw knew there where wolf clans, but none of them bordered Riverclan. Lillypaw began to pad forward confused, she wanted to investigate.

It was only a few moments before Lillypaw heard Brightflame yowl in concern. She jumped, but had little time to react as a piercing pain shot through her, and everything went dark...

———————————————————
MAJOR OOF
Oh, here are some snippets I found really funny whilst rewriting this:
'We're are we going?'
'We went to the rocky hills. It was very rocky.'
Honestly the pacing in this was a mess what was I doing??? XDD
~YLJH AWAY!!!!!