Chapter 3

Mudpaw wasn't quite sure where he was going, but he tried his best to remember where camp was. He took a sudden sharp turn, finally finding his way. Mudpaw didn't have enough time feel relieved as he searched frantically through the cats padding around camp.

Wolvessong padded up to him cautiously, "is something wrong, Mudpaw?" She asked. Mudpaw looked up frantically,
"Lillypaw's was hit on the Thunderpath!" Panic briefly flashed into Wolvessong's face before she nodded calmer, quickly pacing away to Jayfeather's den. Jayfeather emerged a few moments later, Wolvessong not far behind, carrying what Mudpaw assumed where herbs to help her in their mouths. Mudpaw watched him go nervously, fear prickling at his pelt.

"Hey," Brownpaw mewed padding up to Mudpaw. Mudpaw jumped at the sudden intrusion but forced himself to relax at the face of a friend. "Lillypaw's gonna be okay," he carried on, putting a comforting tail on Mudpaw's shoulder. "She's strong and young. She'll pull through." Mudpaw Just nodded, not trusting his voice. Brownpaw looked like he wanted to pry further, but he hesitated.

"What happened?" Brownpaw asked after a moment.
"I-I don't know... she must have seen something to make her that distracted, but I don't know."
"Well, there's no point in fretting over it now Mudpaw, all we do now is make sure Lillypaw's recovery goes smoothly, which trust me. It will."
"Yeah." Mudpaw nodded swallowing hard.

It wasn't long after Brownpaw and Mudpaw's conversation, that Jayfeather and the others returned. Fishpelt let out a startled wail upon seeing her only daughter in such a state, gathering the attention of any cats who weren't already looking.

"I'm going to see if Jayfeather needs any help." Brownpaw mewed racing off after his mentor.

"D-do you think she'll be okay?" Silverpaw asked her brother nervously coming to join outside the entrance to camp.
"She'll be fine," Halfmoon replied before Mudpaw even had a chance to open her mouth. Not seeming to trust Halfmoon's words, Silverpaw buried her head into her brother's scruff. Mudpaw lent down sharing her need for comfort.

It was a while before Brownpaw reappeared, Brightflame quick to question him.

"Will she be okay?" Brightflame asked urgency clear in her voice. Mudpaw looked up, disturbing his sister in doing so. Brownpaw hesitated again.
"Yes but... Jayfeather's not sure if her leg will heal enough for her to become a proper warrior." Silverpaw gasped upon hearing Brownpaw's words, and the two apprentices shared a sorrowful glance. Brightflame let out a sigh, her eyes cloudy.
"I'll talk to Mistystar." Brownpaw dipped his head.
"Good idea, I'll go check on Fishpelt." As the two cats parted way Mudpaw watched ambivalently, unsure of what he was supposed to do. Amongst the clamour in his head, there was only one thing that stood out tall. A definite thought. All he really wanted was for Lillypaw to be okay, and for her to become a warrior with him and his littermates...

Wattpad is dying send help XD
IT WON'T EVEN WRITE THAT SCENTENCE RIGHT WTH