chapter 8

Always and Forever

chapter 8

"What about this one?" Rebekah showed me evening-length burgundy off shoulders dress. I whistled in admiration.

It was much better than the one before.

"Let me try this. And pray that it will fit me." I joked while walking to the dressing room.

With Rebekah, we have shopped for hours and what I can say.

It's extremely hard to find something for my figure without looking vulgar and cheap.

Rebekah was very helpful, but I know. She didn't trust me and we weren't best friends.

Yet.

The blonde vampire was my one of favorites The Originals and The Vampires Diaries character. And call me selfish, but I will do anything to make her trust me and see me like her friend.

Mark my word, you will be my bff Becca

"Still alive?" The said vampire mockingly asked me and I could feel her smirk even from another side of dressing room curtains.

"Well more alive than you." I sassed back while zipping the dress. She opened curtains without any words and looked at me from head to toes.

I looked at mirror too and smiled.

That dress was really nice looking.

"What you think? I really love this dress." I asked her opinion and she pursed her lips while still looking at me.

After few seconds she nodded.

"It's look elegant and pretty on you. My brothers going to love this " she finally gave her opinion.

"The girl always must look lovely for herself first. Only then for other people. " I told her softly remembering my aunt. "But you  are right. I look really good."

LINE BREAK

We were walking from shopping, my few bags of clothes were already in Rebekah's car and we were walking towards Grill. To do something she's need to do.

Cough cough Ask Matt to the ball cough cough

"So you going to invite somebody to the ball?" I innocently asked girl beside me. She looked at me with surprise.

"Some guy" she sheepishly answered and when I wiggled  my eyebrows suggestively she rapidly reassured me.

"He is one of Doppelganger friends, it's just to spit in her face"

Who I am to judge her

I just raised my hands in surrender

"You say, you know." I laughed at her face and without thinking added "Matt Donovan is one of the nicest humans in Mystic Falls," I said bumping my hip into hers but stopped when I realized what I fuck did just said.

That's what you got saying things without thinking.

Idiot

"That's enough Nicolette. Tell me, how did you know?." Rebekah demanded and grabbed my forearm tightly.

It's going to bruise.

I winced but she didn't let me go.

She stared at me while I stared back.

Think Lette, spin some bullshit with pinch of truth.

"I can't. I am not allowed. So please, don't make me tell you what I can't."