chapter 24

chapter 24 Oh, that's how

I stood silently after my rant nervously twirling hair with my fingers. I couldn't even look at their eyes.

I just wanted to crawl into some cave and stay there.
And the funny thing was that I didn't even know if it was nervousness or embarrassment for spilling my feelings and thoughts in front of them.

It would be quite pathetically awkward if they didn't respond to my wish to be together.

Scratch that, that would be beyond horrible.

At the only at the thought of their rejection, I could feel my panic rising.

My heart started to pound like crazy and my breath started to shorten.

Oh god no,

Not now. Not now. Not now.

Calm down.

Calm down.

Calm down.

I grabbed my head in both my hands, letting fingers to be deeply buried in the layers of my ashen blonde hair while clenching my eyes shut in order to try to calm my emotions.

I am Nicolette Green

Took a deep breath

I am alright

Hold it for a couple of seconds

I am safe

Exhale slowly

Everything is fine

But that still didn't help me to even my breath and calm the heart when dizziness started to cloud my mind.

I could just hear the frantic heartbeats of my heart.

After a few moments of thinking that I am going to pass out, I felt a pair of arms wrapping around my waist and leading me towards the sofa.

Or I think it was sofa when the said vampire carefully seated me and I could fell the soft leather underneath.

The two pairs of hands were stroking my back, arms, legs in soft calming moves and I could just feel my body tingling from affection.

They were whispering sweet nothings to me even if I couldn't understand clearly what they really were saying.

But it was working. My body started to respond to their words and touches and step by step I was calming down

The third pair of hands carefully freed the hair from my fingers and intervened our fingers together.

I finally opened my eyes and was met with warm, dark chocolate colour eyes of the Elijah. The dark haired vampire was kneeling in front of me, observing me with a concerned look on his ageless face.

"It's alright, elskan. It's alright, my beautiful." he coaxed me and I couldn't help but obey his command until my breathing evened and heart was beating at its usual rate.

"There you go, love. It's all well." Nik intervened and I couldn't but smile at him. Who knew that all three of them could be this good at calming people.

"You surprised us, darling," The younger Mikealson added and I just lowered my head at his shoulder.

That left me with the unanswered question. As if Elijah could read my mind he squeezed my hand and I lifted my eyes to meet his.

He reassuringly smiled.

The hope fluttered in my stomach.

"We didn't expect your wish to pursue this relationship, " he spoke and I looked at both Kol and Nik to confirm Elijah's words and they both firmly nodded. I frowned at his words in confusion.