1: "Back in black"

New York City

January 1, 18:23 EST

FIVE YEARS LATER

The door to Secretary General Tseng's office wall burst open, wood shards and cement shavings flying into the air as the whole space around the door fell in. Large, black biker boots stepped over the unconscious body of a blue-clad security guard who was unlucky enough to be close to the collapsing doorway.

Another guard laid fire out of a large gun, but the bullets had no damage on the hulking man before him that looked like he just got out of a rock band concert, his eyes a wolfish red as if blood filled the white space.

He spoke in a foreign tongue that neither the cowardly Secretary General or the last guard could decipher, but his tone was not a happy one and it was doubtful he was there to arrange plans for a brunch date.

His pale finger pressed against the barrel to the gun, the next bullet exploding on the chamber and sending the guard sprawling onto the floor.

He tried to communicate again, the word "Lobo" making an appearance but Tseng still couldn't understand a word, and despite the black bullet, fishing-style weapon on his back, and the unruly mustache, he didn't seem to figure out who the intergalactic bounty hunter in front of him was.

"Please!" Tseng put up his hands as Lobo took a threatening step forward. "I don't understand! I don't know what you want!"

Lobo pressed a button on his belt, and it flashes green. "Translating: Interlac."

"So, that's how you want to play it? Fine," Lobo decided, his voice resounding like the echoes from the depth of a dank pit. "Contract calls for the Main Man to put on a show for the locals. So one more time—surrender or die."

"Contract?" Tseng's eyes darted around the room wildly. "Show?"

"Die it is."

The Main Man took a step forward but was interrupted by a battle cry as a young blonde girl flipped over the top of him, landing in a pivot to connect her fist to his chest.

The windows exploded outwards from the force. Lobo flew back a footstep, onto his knees as he clutched the spot on his chest.

A dark shape swung through one of the windows on a grappling hook. Her red hair cascaded out of the cowl. A bat insignia flashed on her chest.

"Wonder Girl, keep him busy," she ordered. "I'll get Secretary General Tsang to safety."

The Amazon who was dressed in red running pants like a track star reject pounded her fists together. "All over it, Batgirl."

Lobo groaned, glaring up.

"Who are you? Where are you taking me?" Questions spewed from Tseng's mouth like an overflowing toilet.

"Down." Batgirl yanked a tapestry from the wall, revealing a pristine elevator. The door opened for her and she herded them both in. The doors closed just as Lobo stood.

"Okay, big guy, let's see how much punishment you can—"

Wonder Girl's punch hit his face, but it had as much effect as an angry flea. Lobo's large hand clasped over her face, throwing her to the side and into the wall like a ragdoll.

"Kah-ree, keasy fem thinks she can take down the Main Man? Kah-ree!" Lobo stalked towards the elevator—a contract on his mind and his interruptions nothing but blimps on mountains.

Below, Batgirl tugged Tseng out of the elevator, sprinting forward and the stocky man struggled to keep up.

"We can get you through the General Assembly building—"