5: "Take me to your leader."

Planet Euphoria

One Year and Two Days After Leaving Earth

Cyra stood face-to-face with the clear blue shield. It didn't look any thicker than a dime, but when Cyra's hand nearer the smooth surface, her ring buzzed against her finger and she drew her hand away.

Without any magical button like at an apartment complex, Cyra did the next best thing—she knocked.

And was immediately launched backward through space by a good twenty football fields. The concussive force made her best ache as she floated, gasping for a few minutes. She shook it off, no longer seeing the clear distinct field and hesitantly flew closer. She threw a look to Almanac, wondering if this was a situation that called for J'acoob's help, but she doubted he is jumping for the chance to assist her.

"Hello? Anyone home?" Cyra shouted, her voice echoing for a couple of feet before disappearing. Times like this reminded Cyra that space is a pretty lonesome place. She didn't dare try to touch the shield again, her gut still aching from the last time.

A voice crackled out of the air like static. Blue sparks gathered to form an iffy appearance of a face, but its features were constantly shifting with what looked like love electricity.

"Green Lantern." The voice was feminine. "We've been expecting you. I'm sorry we didn't realize you were out there sooner. Your size makes you invisible to our main radars. Apologizes, please enter."

The bubble around the planet opened a crack, it's edges fraying. Cautiously, Cyra moved through to find she wasn't super-punched again and continued to fly onto the planet—the shield closing behind her.

Fresh atmosphere ruffled her hair along the bottom of her ears. She took in a clean breath—this one not provided by her ring, but fresh air that no cosmic power ring could mimic. Her feet touched against soft grass, walking over to a long road right out of The Wizard of Oz. It was paved with gold.

Pink-skinned humanoids stopped pushing strollers in what Cyra assumes was a park or their walks to stare at her with pupil-less eyes. The Old Cyra probably would have grimaced from the creepy stares, but this Cyra stood up straight and tilted up her chin. As the voice said, she has been expected.

"Take me to your leader," she ordered, but no one moved.

Her prayers were answered anyways as their heads all turned up the path, to where a group of people was making their way to the Green Lantern.

In the lead was a woman, wearing a flowing green dress that cut up around her thighs. A crown glittered above in the light and she was accompanied by several burly men that acted as guards, contrasting greatly to the skinny woman before her.

"Green Lantern," the woman greeted with an elegant pose that spoke of wisdom that only came with time. "I am Queen Kallista, I control all on Euphoria. It is a pleasure to meet you."

She had her hand up as if asking for a high five, and Cyra smart moved slowly before placing her palm upon the woman's. Kallista smiled and their hands broke apart.

"You too, your highness." Cyra nodded.

"You're familiar with Euphorian customs."

Cyra only shrugged. She thought it better than the Queen saw her as a true Lantern who just so happened to be a genius, not some nerd who sat under the glare of Salaak for hours reading books about Euphoria.

"So, J'acoob said there might be a place for me to stay here if you'll let me. I'll pay rent."

"Rent?" The Queen tilted her head. She shook it off and took it in stride. "Yes, J'acoob is a good Lantern, is not slightly—"