Chapter 75.

Safia’s POV

“Hamza, this isn’t a four bedroom house,” I said, shaking my head at him.

“But that’s what the guy who’s selling it said.”

“This house has such a similar layout to ours, minus the attic conversion that we have. How can you not tell?” I asked. Hamza had driven us to Yusuf’s mum’s house so that his family could see Adam and Maria. We dropped them and Yusuf off and came to see our possible future house.

Due to the lack of space, Amy offered to travel on the bus and we met her at the house. Currently, Amy, Hamza and I were exploring the building while my children were with their father at their grandma’s.

“Did the guy live in this house or did he rent it out?” Amy asked, coming down from the dusty stairs.

“I think he rented it out.” I rolled my eyes at Hamza. I doubt he even talked to the nearly previous owner properly.

“He probably rented it out to two families. One must have used two rooms upstairs as bedrooms and the other family probably used two rooms downstairs as bedrooms. Much like how we’re planning to do so.”

“How can you tell?”

“The middle room upstairs has some kitchen counters.”

“That’s perfect for us. Although, I think I owe you an explanation, Hamza. This so-called bedroom is like our equivalent of a living room.”

“But it’s tiny for a living room,” Hamza said peeking inside again. I elbowed him for being stupid.

“Please act a little smarter for your wife. I’m so sorry about him Amy. Anyway, this room is small because the kitchen is big. Well, the kitchen slash dining room slash living room. And I’m wondering if we should put a wall up to divide it into a living room and kitchen instead of having them both together.” I tapped my chin with my finger, wondering about what adjustments could be made.

“Stop getting ahead of yourself, Saf.”

“Ia.”

“What?”

“I just completed my name.”

“Can we get back to discussing the house please?” Amy asked, looking between both of us. “I like it,” She commented.

“I like it too. It’s perfect. Well, it has potential to be perfect.”

“Are you sure two bedrooms each will be enough?”

“It will be for now. In’sha’allah when the kids get older and you have your own little ones, we’ll have enough to buy our own house. What if the neighbours put their house on sale! And we could buy it and be neighbours!” I squealed in delight at the thought.

“And I thought you getting married will help me get rid of you forever,” Hamza said, pouting slightly to show how sad he was.

“That’s not the impression I got when I married you,” Amy said, receiving a glare from Hamza.

“Ooh, do tell. What did he say?”

“I said you were fat and crusty.”

“He said he missed you and it used to be fun when you were home. Aww.”

“Aww! I knew it!”

“Back to the house! So you both definitely like it, right?”

“Yes, I like the layout.” I replied.

“So do I,” Amy agreed.

“Okay, I’m just going upstairs to check how much work needs to be done again.” Hamza left and I turned to Amy with a huge grin which she returned.