You Can't Just Act Like Nothing Happened

A series of Jeremy getting rejected? Sign me tf up

Jeremy climbed desperately to Michael's hoodie sleeve, tears streaking his face.

"M-Micha, please don't go..." Jeremy sniffled, feeling small under Michael's glare.

"You were so ready to when you got your squip, why shouldn't I?"

"I-I promise to do better, please! I wanna forget what I did to you, I just wanna move on," Jeremy sobbed, falling to the ground as Michael pulled his arm up swiftly.

"That's the thing Jer, you just wanna forget it all happened! Well you can't. Sorry to break it to you but you can't just act like nothing happened. That's now life works. How am I to know you won't just leave me again after I've forgiven you?"

"I promise I won't I-"

"Save it Jer," Michael mumbled pulling up his hoodie. "I already gave you your chance when I warned you of this squip. This is entirely your fault. Besides, I realized I was becoming too dependent on you...so I think I some time to myself, you know, by my choice and not being left in the dark," Michael sent a harsh glare Jeremy's way and Jeremy only sobbed more.

Michael only turned away and walked off, leaving Jeremy.

~•~

"Jeremy what the hell?!" Christine yelled.

"I-" Jeremy flinched, backing away.

"All I had asked was for you to be there. For moral support! Was that so hard to do, considering you seemed more than ready to do whatever it took to apologize," Christine glared, clearly remembering Jeremy's words from before the fall play.

"Christine look, I'm sorry, I'll make it up to you I-"

"No. I don't want you doing anything Jeremy. I don't want your help like everyone assumes I do. We may be close friends but I don't want to end up dependent on you." Jeremy winced.

"Christine I-"

"Save it Jeremy. Don't act like nothing happened. If you'll excuse me, I have a very angry Mr. Reyes to calm down," Christine huffed and store past Jeremy into the drama room, leaving Jeremy alone.

~•~

"I just wanted to apologize for everything I did-"

"Apologize for manipulating me, twisting my emotions and leading me on, only to have some freaky whatever with my friend. How is sorry gonna make up for that Jeremy?" Brooke asked, trying to look defiant.

"I didn't have sex with Chloe! She lied to me, saying you were up there. She wouldn't even let me leave, neither would my squip," Jeremy tried to defend himself, already on the brink of tears.

"It still doesn't make up for the rest of the shit you did, and don't act like it didn't happen either. Look I just need time to deal with this all so for now I think it's better if they just didn't stay friends, sorry," Brooke muttered hastily, pulling up her backpack and walking off, leaving Jeremy in the hallways, tears already rolling down his cheeks.

~•~ and last but not least

"Chloe!" Jeremy called out, running towards her. She raised an eyebrow then rolled her eyes.

"What? Here to call me a bitch again?"

"What? No, I just wanted to talk to you."

"Well guess what, I don't want to talk to you. Don't think I haven't what you had been saying about me behind my back," Chloe glared, pain and anger swimming in her eyes.

Jeremy looked down, afraid. Very, very afraid.

"Just because I have a bitchy attitude doesn't mean I don't have feelings. What you said really hurt Jeremy...considering..." Chloe quickly looked away, taking a deep breath.

"Either way, what you said was low. Lower than what I would say. I'm sorry about the Halloween party, but that doesn't excuse you. Don't act like it didn't happen, because it did. I'm trying to change for the better and your little rumors didn't make it any better," Chloe huffed.

"Chloe wait I-"

"No. Don't even say it. The damage is done and I don't want to hear your petty excuse," Chloe walked past him, looking down.

Yet again, Jeremy was left alone, completely and utterly broken.