Wolf's Insanity

Jeremy stared at the glitched figure of Keanu Reeves, it giving off a red electrical aura as it seemingly booted up.

"Leave the mall." Was it's only command.

Jeremy looked around, as if trying to look for Michael to drop him off. 

"Michael has already left," His squip answered, as if it could read his mind. "I can. And before you do it, don't speak to me out loud, or you'll get shocked."

"But-" Was all Jeremy was able to get out before feeling a painful shock run down his spine, causing him to flinch and even straighten out his back. 

"What did I just say?"

'Okay okay...I'm sorry.."

"Now, leave the mall. Lord knows you need the exercise."

This time, Jeremy listened and got up off the ground, reassuring Christine, who had rushed to if he was okay, that he was fine and was going to go home and rest a bit.

That was the start of something he'd consider sinister. Fun, but sinister.

~•~

"You're so plain. I can spice you up if you'd like?" Jeremy's squip, Dex as Jeremy had named, commented as a sly grin stretched upon their face. They had also dropped the Keanu Reeves look, changing to something more like "them". Black hair with a few red streaks, a baggy, but slightly torn grey hoodie, and black jeans. They didn't really have feet, but when they did, it was just regular red sneakers.

"Oh uh...sure? I wouldn't mind that," Jeremy mumbled, glancing at Dex. It was a struggle Jeremy had dealt with but never brought up to anyone, even his best friend Michael, who happened to be a siren. Jeremy had always been envious of his laid back nature and how he wouldn't use his voice to his advantage, despite his bursts of greed and desire here and there, as it came part of the heritage. Jeremy always wondered what it would be like to be like him. Different, he meant.

He also wanted Christine, a very cute and bubbly witch, to like him. But how would she notice a plain and boring human like him? She was skilled in her works, despite her complete love for theatre. She also had a crush on another human, Jake Dillenger, who you wouldn't think was a human at first glance.

Sometimes he'd think back to times like these and wonder why he didn't just pay attention more.

And thus, Dex led him to a library, helping Jeremy sneak into one of the restricted areas and swipe one of the books. 

"Stuff it in your bag, the third pocket behind the cover then move your laptop in front of it. You have about 3 minutes before they come and check this area."  Jeremy was quick to hurry and get out and, as Dex predicted, left without being caught.

That's how Jeremy found himself sitting in front of this book of spells, it's dusty interior and exterior promptly ignored by Jeremy as he watched his hands flip through the pages.

"This one." His squip said, moving Jeremy's hand to one spell on the page.

"I don't know how to pronounce most of these words though…" Jeremy murmured. 

"Nonsense! That's what you have me for. Give me a moment.."

Jeremy waited, sitting uncomfortably as he stared at the page. He was about to speak up again when he felt a rush of...something hit him. 

"That'll wear off in maybe 10 minutes, so hurry up and set up so you can get this show on the road!" 

Jeremy smiled and nodded, going off to grab what he would need.