Legends and Quests

Look at me with my fancy titles

Okay so next chapter should hopefully be the 2nd part of Electric Currents cuz I really wanna finish it

Also, trans Jer for reasons, you'll see.

A man with short, dark, very undermaintained curly hair, and glasses (bright yet blind) walked through the tavern, holding a golden orb in his hands. He looked around at the seemingly empty room before noticing a single star in the ceiling.

"Es, get down here immediately!" Sol yelled, annoyed.

The star sat still for a moment before glowing brighter and popping out of the ceiling.

It floated for a few seconds before poofing into a little girl with pale skin, curly light brown hair, and freckles dotting her skin like a canvas.

"You're no fun!" Estella whined, floating down on Sol's shoulder.

"I'm here to keep you safe Es, I don't want you to accidentally hurt yourself before we go.." Sol's tone changed from hard and commanding to soft and gentle.

"I know...I'm gonna miss this place, especially you," Es situated herself well on Sol's shoulder.

"Well it's not like we're gonna be separated, we'll just not remember this life."

"Do we still have our powers?"

"Well yes...but you won't be able to access them at will anymore."

"Dammit," Es huffed, crossing her arms.

"Watch your fucking language," Sol grinned, judging Es with his head.

"But you-"

"Guys! We have to go, like now!" A short girl with tan skin and short black hair ran in, a panicked look in her eyes.

"He's here?" Sol asked, patting Es to let her know to get off his shoulder.

The other girl, Luna, nodded. "I put up a couple of wards to keep him distracted but that won't last long."

Sol sighed and nodded, looking at the orb in his hand. Once it was used, it would shatter and they would be stuck in their new universe together for the rest of their lives.

There was a crashing sound, along with the ground rumbling.

"Sol!" Luna screeched, steering him away from the entrance.

"Okay okay! Place your hands on the orb, I'll say the incantation."

Es placed her small hand on the orb, followed by Luna.

Sol muttered the spell under his breath and the orb began to glow. Just as the world around them began to crumble, Es smiled wildly and grew to be around the age of a teenager, forcing Luna and Sol to age down as a rule of the gods.

The three gods, Sol, Luna, and Estella, could never be of adult age together, as their power would be the strongest and could easily destroy anything within the universes' radius. Tragic right?

So, a system was developed. They all could decide their age, but one must be extremely younger than the others when they choose to age to be adults. For example, two could be adults but the other had to be a young toddler.

The only exception to this rule was the three being a teenager. This is where their powers are still developing. Strong, but not strong enough to do everlasting effects.

So Es, being forced to be a toddler for some time, decided to somewhat balance the scale, making them all teenagers as they were transported.

Luna and Sol glared at her as the world went black around them and all she could do was smile before she blacked out.