Short story -Daris

Shuffling leaves suddenly fills Darises ears. He wipes the dust off his face and clothing, or at least tries to. Its kinda of hard when your laying in a coffin. Yes I said coffin, you see Daris has been in a deep slumber for over a hundred years.

Well it was actually 1892 when the towns people quested what he was and staked him to this coffin. Stupid humans thought they could kill him! Ha! Everyone knows to kill a vampire you must decapitate them.

“Oh sweet! A coffin, I hope there’s a dead body!!”  A young male voice hollers. The boys blood calls to Daris, his fangs sharpen. It has been to long he thinks to himself. Yes, too long.

“You open it.” An older female voice says, but something’s wrong with her blood. Another vampire? Interesting, very interesting. The boy steps up and kicks Darises coffin, “Ok.” He says tempting to hide his fear.

Suddenly blinding light floods into Darises eyes. Course it only takes him seconds to regain his sight, and like a deadly lightning strike Daris shoots his hand up and grabs the boys neck. It snaps instantly. A mystifying cloud of dust comes off Darises clothing as he rises up.

Daris spares a quick glance at the women. She looks to be 20ish, just like himself. She has soft brown eyes with hair as dark as fresh blood. She is stunning, and Daris would of loved to just stare at her all day, but a burning in the back of his throat.

The girl just nods and smiles as Daris bits down on the boy’s neck. He has to hold back a moan as the fresh and warm blood pours down his throat. Within seconds the deed is done, and Daris smiles to himself as he wipes his face of his long sleeve.

As his full attention goes back to the other vampire in the room Daris inhales he sent… which is very intoxicating. “I’m Jane.” She whispers with a small smile. Daris chuckles “Daris.” He stretches out his hand and moves a stand of hair away from her face, and an involuntary shiver courses through her thin frame.

The End… for now.