Chapter 3: Meeting the Boyfriend

Mackenzie sits on the floor with Jessica, allowing her to cry into her shoulder. She sits there and wonders what happened to cause Jessica to cry like this, but she stays quiet.

She knows that if Jessica wants to tell her, she will on her own accord.

She just lets Jessica weep into her shoulder and sniffle.

Jessica's body was tense as she realized what she was doing. She quickly sat up and wiped her nose with the back of her hand. She had a bewildered look on her face and she scooted back.

"I-I'm s-sorry," Jessica said, her voice breaking and hoarse from all the crying she just did.

"No, no. It's okay." Mackenzie reassured.

"Are you okay?" Mackenzie asked, worried.

Jessica just nodded.

"Come on! Don't start again with that nodding thing!" Mackenzie groaned, leaning her head back.

Jessica giggled and then sniffled.

"Come on," Mackenzie said, standing up and placing her hand out, palm up, for Jessica to grab, "let's go inside and get you to bed."

Jessica hesitantly reached her hand out and grabbed Mackenzie's. Mackenzie pulled Jessica up and opened the door to their dorm. She turned on the light and guided Jessica in, closing the door behind them.

Jessica let go of Mackenzie's hand and walked towards the dresser to grab a tissue. She wiped her nose and sanitized her hands. She walked into her closet and closed the door behind her. She changed into her pajamas. She then walked outside and noticed that Mackenzie was also in her pajamas.

"Awe, you look so cute in your pajamas!" Mackenzie exclaimed.

"Thank you," Jessica whispered, looking down at what she was wearing.

She didn't think she looked cute in her loose, black pajama bottoms and her much to large shirt that she bought.

She walked towards her bed and climbed in, pulling her blankets under her chin. She turned her back to the door and faced the window as Mackenzie closed the lights. 

Jessica heard feet pattering against the floor and some ruffling. She assumed that Mackenzie was in bed.

Soon, she heard Mackenzie's light, even breathing and knew that she was asleep.

Jessica laid there and gazed at the stars from the large window. As she stared, her eyes began to get droopy and she let the darkness consume her.

---------

Jessica woke up to light streaming into her eyes. She groaned and blocked her eyes with her blanket and turned in bed to face the door and not the window.

She heard a muffled voice and cracked open an eye to see that Mackenzie was on the phone, talking low.

Jessica opened both eyes and slowly sat up, staring lazily at Mackenzie.

"Oh!" Mackenzie perked up, looking at Jessica, "she's up now! Okay, yeah. See you then! Bye. I love you, too!" with that said, Mackenzie hung up the phone and immediately stood up.

Jessica was surprised to see that Mackenzie was already changed and ready for the day.

What time is it? Jessica thought, confused. 

She picked up her phone and checked the time.

11:35 p.m.

She was surprised at what time it was.