Chapter 12: Freak Out

Brody was walking Jessica back to her dorm. They were planning on spending the day together, talking in her dorm. As Jessica unlocked the door, they heard voices from inside.

"It's just Mackenzie and Jason," Jessica explained.

Brody nodded in understanding.

Jessica pushed the door open and she saw Jason and Mackenzie sitting on Mackenzie's bed, cuddling. Mackenzie turned her head to see Jessica walking in, Brody trailing in behind her. Mackenzie sat up in her bed, Jason begrudgingly getting up with her.

"Hey," Mackenzie said, a smile on her face.

"Hey," Jessica replied, her voice soft.

"Hi," Brody pitched in.

Jessica walked to her bed, not wanting to look at Jason after the way he has been treating her. Jessica placed her things down on her bed and sat down, patting the spot next to her for Brody. Brody took the invitation and sat down next to Jessica.

"What did you do today, Jessica?" Jason asked.

Jessica's eyes snapped to Jason's when he mentioned her name. He was smiling at her, putting on a facade in front of everyone. Jessica couldn't believe what he was doing and her hatred she had for him grew larger.

"I hung out with Brody," Jessica replied, placing her own smile on her face as she stared directly at Jason.

Jason's smile faltered a bit, but he pulled it together and smiled, nodding like what she did was the most amazing thing he has ever heard.

"Hey Jessica," Mackenzie started, "I invited Scarlet over after you told me I could."

Jessica's smile turned into a slight frown.

"T-the girl's night?" Jessica stuttered out, feeling her chest tightening from the thought of having to say what had happened to her in high school.

She wasn't ready to say what happened and she was really hoping that she didn't have to talk about it.

Jessica's breathing was coming out ragged at the thought of the betrayal she felt. She couldn't go through that again. She was scared how she would be if she ever went through the same thing again. She was scared she wouldn't be the same person.

Brody pulled Jessica so she was leaning against him and he wrapped his arm around her.

"What's wrong?" Brody questioned worriedly.

"I-I'm not r-ready," Jessica got out.

"Shh. It's okay. You don't have to say anything."

Jessica's breathing was still labored and she was scared that she was going to pass out.

"Jessica, love, I need you to take deep breaths for me. Can you do that?"

Jessica was shaking her head rapidly.

Mackenzie was watching from her bed with a worried look. Jason was even a little worried for the girl's health.

"Breathe in," Brody said, breathing in to show Jessica what to do, "and breathe out."

Jessica followed Brody's movements for a couple minutes, slowly calming down.

When Jessica was calm, Mackenzie spoke up.

"I'll just call Scarlet and cancel."

Jessica nodded in agreement.

As Mackenzie picked up her phone, there was a knock on the door. Jason got up and walked to the door, opening it as Mackenzie called Scarlet. They heard a phone ringing.

Scarlet was at the door.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hiiiii . . . its been a while! :)

I know this chapter is short, but it felt better if I stopped it here. I am also on summer break, so hopefully I update regularly now. The last couple weeks of school were very hectic and stressful.

What did you think?

What do you think is going to happen?

Exciting news!!!!!!! I entered this story and my other story into the Wattys so let's hope for the best.

Bye my fellow Masqueraders

-Masquerade

Have a good day/night