Chapter 6: The Question

Brody and Jason were walking towards the girls. Brody was determined to ask Jessica on a date.

He wouldn't take no for an answer.

Jessica turned her head away from the boys and continued walking with Mackenzie and Scarlet. Scarlet and Mackenzie didn't see Jason and Brody until Jason called out to Mackenzie.

Mackenzie stopped walking and turned around. Her smile grew even wider once she saw Jason.

"Jason!"

"Baby!"

Jason walked towards Mackenzie and gave her a hug. As he was hugging Mackenzie, he threw Jessica a smug smile.

Her eyes widened from the look and glint from Jason's eyes. She took a step back and bumped into Brody.

Jessica turned around and looked up at Brody. Brody gazed down at Jessica and a smile spread across his face.

Scarlet stood still, staring at Brody. She then turned and looked at Jason and Mackenzie holding hands.

"What are you guys doing here?" Mackenzie asks.

Other students walking by look at the scene and continue on their way.

"We just ran into you guys, I guess," Jason said.

Jessica looked at Jason with a skeptical look on her face. Jason smirked and lightly shook his head at Jessica, indicating that they found them on purpose.

Jessica was starting to dislike Jason.

"What were you guys up to?" Brody asked.

"We were about to go to Olive Garden for dinner," Scarlet replied.

Jason and Brody turned to look at Scarlet and they were confused as to who she was.

"And you are?" Brody asked.

"I'm Scarlet. Mackenzie's and Jessica's friend."

"Brody."

"I'm Jason."

"Would you guys like to join us?" Mackenzie asked.

"Sure," Jason replied.

Jason looked at Brody and nodded his head.

"Jessica, can I talk to you for a second?" Brody asked.

Jessica was scared to say yes because she knew that Brody was determined about something.

She nodded her head. Brody smiled in response.

Brody grabbed Jessica's hand and gently tugged her arm so she would follow him.

Jessica followed him a distance away from the group, so that they wouldn't hear what Brody has to say. Once they are at a safe distance, Brody lets go of Jessica's hand even though he didn't want to.

"What'd you want to talk about?"

"Can I take you out on a date?"

Jessica blinks a couple of times, processing what he said.

"I'm sorry. Did you ask me out on a date?"

"Yeah."

Jessica takes a couple steps back as she starts shaking her head.

"N-No."

"No?"

"No."

"Why?"

"I can't. I can't do it again."

"Do what again, Jessica?"

"I see the way all the girls look at you and the way you look at them. You're a player. I know I haven't been here that long and classes haven't even started yet, but I know you are a player. That's a part of you. It's not going to be easy to part ways with that. I can't go through all that heart break again."

"Jessica, I know that you've been hurt. Believe me, I do. I will change for you. I won't hurt you. It'll just be you and me. Us. Not you, me, and the other girls at this school. Please Jessica."

Brody couldn't believe that he was practically begging for Jessica to accept him. It's normally the other way around. The girls beg him to accept them. Brody always thought of those girls as desperate. He's the desperate one now. Brody mentally chuckled at the thought.

"I-I can't."

It hurt Jessica to see the look on Brody's face. She wanted to say yes, but she had learned from her mistakes. She learned and is moving on. She doesn't want to relapse and go back to that state she once was in. She's learning to live with her mistakes and her choices.

Brody was hurt and dejected. He wanted Jessica to say yes, but you can't always get what you want.

"I won't give up."

"You should."

"I'm not."

Jessica sighed and shook her head. She turned around and walked back towards the group, Brody following behind her.

"You guys ready to go?" Mackenzie asked, breaking away from her conversation.

"Yeah," Brody said.

"Actually," Jessica started. Brody turned and looked at Jessica. "I'm not feeling too well. You guys go ahead and I'm just going to bed."

Brody was disappointed that Jessica wasn't coming.

Jessica was planning to avoid Brody to the best of her abilities. She had to fight her feelings and date someone who wasn't a player.

Jason smiled. "That's alright."

"I hope you feel better," Scarlet said.

They all turned and walked towards the exit. Mackenzie and Jason were in the front, holding hands and laughing.

Brody and Scarlet were in the back. They were standing close together and walking.

Scarlet's hand would brush against Brody's as they walked.

Jessica stood and watched them walk away. She watched their hands brush together.

Brody took a step away from Scarlet and kept walking. Once they were about to exit the building, Brody turned around and smiled at Jessica. He then sent her a wink.

Jessica turned around after they left the building and walked towards her dorm.

She took a shower, brushed her teeth, and climbed into bed.

She stared out the window and slowly fell asleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another chapter down!

What did you guys think?

Did you want Jessica to say yes to Brody?

Did you want her to say no?

What do you think about Jason?

What do you think about Scarlet?

Don't forget to vote!

Bye my fellow Masqueraders!

-Masquerade

Have a good day/night!