Chapter 5: In which The Couple travels overseas

Next day, around 6 a.m, I wake up wrapped up in his arms. I jump on my feet and start packing up swimsuits, bikinis, shorts, T-shirt's and tank tops. He hears me sliding open drawers and walking around, and opens his eyes to see me stuffing clothes into the bag. He chuckles softly, and I let my shoulders lump over. "I'm tired and it's an 18 hour flight to Miami." He sits up in bed. "I assume you would want help?" He pushes the bag together and zips it up. We both stare at the blue fabric baggage for a moment.

As he stands up  and reaches out his hand to help me up, there's the tiniest hint of affection in his eyes. He pulls me up, and I just kind of stare at him as he pulls me a bit too close. I can feel his warm-cold breath against my mouth. He kisses me lightly, and then pulls away to pack up his clothes. We both act like nothing happened.

I'm freaking out. Two hours left until the flight and we are not even on our way. My clothes are packed up but I'm not ready to go out yet. Pulling my hair up in a high ponytail, I tie it strongly. I pull the f/c shirt down my head, and dress myself up in shorts that don't cover much but they're the only one sU haven't packed up. I walks back in the room, and he deadpan stares at the shorts. "You are so not going with those." He demands, straightening up. "I don't intend to invade your personal space, but those shorts are more like underwear." He says, formally. I can read his face, angry, sad, jealous?

I sigh. "What do you want me to wear, sir? I packed everything up." He pulls out a pair of black joggers. "There you go. Anything but those shorts." I take the joggers. I'm also glad that I have soemthing else to wear, I do not like people staring  at my bottom. I shake my head, pull down the shorts, and wear the joggers. He gives me a small thumbs up. "Better."

We leave the house, and when I check the time, there's only throaty minutes left. We missed the check in. "Damn. Shouto, we missed it." I say, sighing. I pull out my phone and search for the next flight.

Of course, it's fucking next week.

He puts his hand on my shoulder. "Hey." He says. "Don't stress over soemthing this small. We will figure it out. Okay?" He smiles angelically, and I'm stunned. His bright smile is what I've been craving for weeks. "W-well...um...okay." I stutter. He takes my phone, and searches it again. He frowns at the screen. "It's true that we are late. And also the next flight is not going to be useful. But we have another flight that we can take whenever we want." He looks at me. I take a moment to u feet and what he referred to. "Oh. Well, my license allows me to travel anywhere in the world. Y-yeah...I guess I can take you there?" He smiles again, and reaches out his hand for my baggage. "I will carry these, but I think we will need more than just stripes of cloth on your back." He looks around until he spots a riding shop. "Wait here." He drops the luggage and runs in the store.

After some minutes, he comes back with a large saddle and strong straps. He drops them near the luggage, and sighs with the sudden relief. "So, uh, there you go. A saddle and this stuff to mount the luggage on you. If you let me, of course." He says, his voice breathy form the effort he gave on the task. "Of course...but a question, I never traveled that far by myself...I mean I don't know if I'm strong enough..." he nods, and straightens. "Don't worry. We can rest whenever you need to." I smile gently, and transform, forgetting what happened. I forget that I shouldn't be transforming. I forget all the dangers, the risks and anxiety.

He makes me do that a lot.

So here we are, him mounting a saddle on my back as I stand there on four feet. He straps it under my belly, and it's not so bad. Then, he straps the two bags before and behind the saddle, and makes sure they don't fall off easily. "All good. Let's go, shall we?" I look up at the sky with dragon eyes. It's about time for departure.

I take off, heading for the airport. I don't know the way, obviously, only the fact that Deerfield is Southeast from Tokyo, and almost twelve thousand kilometres away. If a plane can make in in eighteen hours, I should be able to in sixteen at least.

We are both used to flying. I mean, he knows how tp sit on my back WIAT A MINUTE TAHT SOUNDED WRONG. I MEAN WHILE IM IN MY DRAGON FORM.

Damn.

Anyway, we fly over the grand concrete that looks a bit smaller from above, and he points at soemthing below. "See that? Thats our flight." I open my wings widely, and stop mid air. I nod. I flap my wings to stay up. The aeroplane starts to move, and -luckily- there aren't any others waiting to take off. The place moves quickly, so I have to dive slightly and start moving.

Minutes later, the plane takes off, and starts to climb the sky. I catch up quickly, and fly near the windows. Kirishima, Izuku and Bakugou ate sitting together in a row. Kaminari is in the next one. Kiri and Denki wave at us like crazy, which Todoroki returns a small wave, and Bakugou is just staring at us with dead eyes. Izuku smiles widely. I realize -from the reflection on the windows- that he wore full black leather. He has his hood on, and his hands are on the saddle. This whole saddle thing...makes me uneasy. Like the rider era is back. I don't want to think like that.

Thinking of the Rider Era, I should be careful. Last time a human rode a dragon, our worlds clashed. Maybe the Council shouldn't ever know about us.

As the plane takes a stable position, I start gliding. Kiri and Bakugou are sleeping, Bakugou's head on his shoulder. I grin. Or do something like that.