Chapter 10: not everyone has to be a hero

I lost my father, my lover and all my faith and beliefs in Heroes.

I know revenge is not the best way.

I know I have to be good, for my father.

But can't I do a little something for myself? Can't I do what I want, isn't this my life?

So I stand up again. I shook a last, long look at his body.

I break my phone in two pieces, and throw it under the bed. I leave everything right there.

And leave the hotel.

The two guards at the doors don't make a sound as ai walk past them. I transform in the driveway and take off.

I fly almost at 90 degrees in the clouds, and then glide there.

I keep looking at my back because I feel like I forgot  something important. Like I'm missing  something.

Then I realize I'm looking for him.

I twist in the air and glide upside down. The clouds I slice apart with my wings swirl into other clouds and sometimes blend in others.

Im silent as I fly. I don't want to do anything. I just want to fly far, far away and never come back.

But I also want to kill his murderer,watch them bleed to death in front of my eyes like I watched Todoroki.

I shake off the fake thoughts and glide straight. I do a sad, lousy circle in the air and then keep gliding.

I'm over the Atlantic Ocean.

I dive down strong and dip in the water quickly. While in the water, I watch the big fish scatter around.

I fly up again, and dive once more.

This time I come up with a fish at the size of a human hand.

I gulp it down and dive again.

After some tries, I get the hang of it and now can catch up to three fish at a time.

I draw lines in water with the tips of my wings or hit the water with my tail just for shits and giggles.

Nothing really matters anymore. Nobody to protect.

Just myself.

Going full dragon doesn't sound that bad as long as I stay away from the humans.

I shake my head an d focus on the water.

I should go full dragon. It's the best option, I won't need money or clothes. I can simply glide on the ocean and catch fish all day.

Maybe I will even go back and visit the elders, and ask for a partner.

I grunt.

I don't need someone to be with me anymore. It's okay to be alone once I go full dragon. It won't matter.

I turn the opposite direction of Japan and keep gliding north, to Canada, Nunavut where no one actually lives.

Except the dragons.

I'm going back home where I belong.