Chapter 13: did we even have last words?

Two years later.

Shoutos POV

It's been two years since the other dragons executed her.

I've been to her funereal. I've watched her ashes float away in the wind. I've felt my feelings escape my chest with her.

Up there, or down there. Who knows?

Only her. Now she's walking a very different path.

Now I'm a third year at UA. A lot has changed, of course, but not this.

This won't change.

By "this", I mean that she is gone thinking I was dead.

Yeah.

Last year the cops figured out that the League of Villains told her that they killed me to spice her up and cause her to destroy the city, also losing their lives on the way. Toga had been playing with her all the way, so she was dating both me and Toga while she was...alive.

I am the reason that building is down to rubbles, and the statue of a black dragon I'm standing in front of now.

They put this up because she was actually a hero, a great hero of her story.

that's what I want to believe. It's actually there to remind people to never choose the dark path.

Like she did.

I sigh heavily. "You miss me up there, y/n?" I mumble with a bitter smile on my face. "Do you miss the times we had together? Do you miss being with me?"

"Do you miss us like I do?"

Tears start to stream down my face again. Every time. Every time I come here, I sob on the statue.

"Without... even a goodbye..." I whisper between my tears. "Without a last I love you, or anything...just gone...just like that..."

"It's all my fault. I should have never left your side. I should have...protected you...and loved you...now I'm too late to show you...how much I care, how much I love, how much I miss you!"

I hide my face in my hands and lean on the black marble wing.

"Im sorry. I'm so fucking sorry I love you." I say like I told her in class, the last class we had together.

"Fuck this. Fuck that. I should have never let you go..."